2024 Transfer Portal Tracker (Wrestling)

flyingcement

Mar 25, 2024
My guess is Minnesota is probably in the lead for Flynn. Not sure they have anybody decent at 125.

Not sure on status of Terukina, and have Perryman, so Flynn will have some competition for the starting spot at Iowa State.
Morvari is pretty decent for Minnesota, although not to Flynn's caliber. Tyler Wells wrestled 65 kg at last chance and there has been speculation of both he and VomBaur moving up a weight. In that case, I wonder if Flynn in Minnesota could also have the option of 133 where the other alternative for the Gophers is solid but unspectaular Jager Eisch

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
My guess is Minnesota is probably in the lead for Flynn. Not sure they have anybody decent at 125.

Not sure on status of Terukina, and have Perryman, so Flynn will have some competition for the starting spot at Iowa State.
Would Perryman be enough to scare a 125 transfer off?

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Not sure, but no spot at Iowa State is guaranteed
I was impressed with Minnesota’s 33 and 41 at NCAA. Both wrestled really hard, and they have a really good light weight coach with Sanders. There are some good reasons a kid would want to go there.

Cyclonewrestlingfan2022

May 30, 2023

I agree. Flynn would be good competition. At the end of the day though fan wise. I think we have seen peak Terukina. There’s been no improvement since he has got at Iowa state. Perryman I mean haven’t seen him wrestle much besides tournaments but never really has had any impressive wins I can recall but he is still young and tons of room to improve.

Cooper Flynn has had some good wins and it’s something different to watch who will bring good competition and something more refreshing.

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
One year of Alirez (who is great, but I'm saying now isn't beating Mendez) will help inflate them back to trophy contention, but it's just a band-aid on the bigger root issues at Iowa. Given all their resources/advantages, they should be the best team set up to be a real threat to Penn State. Instead they're having to chuck a mountain of cash around, and engage with the Ferrari clan, just to stay in the trophy talk. That tells you all you really need to know about the program out there.
What can y'all tell me about this Nichols guy cash flowing Iowa's facilities and athletes right now? Even T. Boone Pickens money dried up for Oklahoma State. Imagine if Oklahoma State played the long game and took every dollar Pickens gave them, invested it, and operated off of the interest?

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
It’s funny how much credit Penn state always gets and Nagao and Truax both had their worst seasons under the Cael regime.
They absolutely need a certain type of wrestler. And they are usually good at finding the top guys that fit that model and making them absolute monsters on the mat. But guys coming into that from another program always seem a little off.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK

I can give you 500,000 reasons

what we are seeing is unprecedented and needs to reined in across the board

almost like a salary cap
If you thought college kids were getting paid to play before NIL( and anyone who saw what Oklahoma and the like did for Bosworth and Co back in the day knew that) there was no other way this was going to go. But half or more of the college sports "fans" were cheering on the NIL ruling saying that these kids deserved to be able to make some money, like they were going to actually go promote the University for $15 an hour. It has to be the most idiotic and myopic view. The fact we got here right away was completely expected and now all the same folks are asking for someone to do something. This was always going to happen. Its now legal to buy success. College programs will be treated the way Russian oligarchs treat their womens bball teams. Personal vanity projects that they can dump cash into for on field/court/mat success.

Reactions: matclone

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
What can y'all tell me about this Nichols guy cash flowing Iowa's facilities and athletes right now? Even T. Boone Pickens money dried up for Oklahoma State. Imagine if Oklahoma State played the long game and took every dollar Pickens gave them, invested it, and operated off of the interest?
Thin skinned old rich guy who thinks he’s important because he buys influence over Tom and Terry.

A little like John Du Pont. It’s not enough to just give the money. He wants to feel like he’s a part of the program and somehow responsible for its success. Wouldn’t surprise if he’s beat Tom or Terry in a few matches.

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
Thin skinned old rich guy who thinks he’s important because he buys influence over Tom and Terry.

A little like John Du Pont. It’s not enough to just give the money. He wants to feel like he’s a part of the program and somehow responsible for its success. Wouldn’t surprise if he’s beat Tom or Terry in a few matches.
Holy smokes, I’m 100% in agreement with crabs on this.

When slumlord Bob went after Alli, that told you everything you need to know about what a pos the guy is.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
This will tell you a lot about him