****2024 St Louis Battle Hawks Season Thread****

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
What kind of money are UFL & CFL players paid? The QB for St.Louis has some NFL and D1 name recognition so he may bring some TV eyeballs, do those types get paid substantially more?

Reactions: khardbored

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018
What kind of money are UFL & CFL players paid? The QB for St.Louis has some NFL and D1 name recognition so he may bring some TV eyeballs, do those types get paid substantially more?
Somewhere I heard about $50k per season. I dont remember where I heard that so I could be completely wrong. Also I do believe A.J. gets paid more as a "face of the league." AJ was 3rd string QB at Cincinnati last year and he did see a game or two when Burrow got hurt. Also the teams all train and practice at the same facility in Arlington, TX, then fly into the "hometowns" for the games. If you get traded from one team to another, you are pretty much just changing jersey and teammates, not moving across the country or anything.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Somewhere I heard about $50k per season. I dont remember where I heard that so I could be completely wrong. Also I do believe A.J. gets paid more as a "face of the league." AJ was 3rd string QB at Cincinnati last year and he did see a game or two when Burrow got hurt. Also the teams all train and practice at the same facility in Arlington, TX, then fly into the "hometowns" for the games. If you get traded from one team to another, you are pretty much just changing jersey and teammates, not moving across the country or anything.
Interesting how practice and training works. St. Louis has embraced their team so that's cool.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
"Battlehawks" is such a silly name.

I hope a future NFL team in St. Louis (if there ever is one) doesn't reuse it.

They are a fun team to watch with all these Cyclones and Rocco's dad, though.

Reactions: Pizzapitter

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
He's played in only 2 career NFL games with 1 target and 0 receptions. I'd like to see a bigger sample size.

It's been 6 years since he played for ISU.

It's a fun thought but if no NFL teams have been able to make it work to get him targets/catches I'm not sure what else can be done.

cydnote

Oct 24, 2023
It's been 6 years since he played for ISU.

It's a fun thought but if no NFL teams have been able to make it work to get him targets/catches I'm not sure what else can be done.
Without thinking about it I wouldn't have guessed that. Time flies but with his impact on our program he's not forgotten.

Reactions: Pizzapitter

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I actually really enjoy the UFL. It’s not appointment TV, but it really takes a May Sunday afternoon watching the smoker and nursing beers to the next level.

I haven't watched much but when I have it had a very 'some dudes playing football just to play' kind of feel which is fun.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I actually really enjoy the UFL. It’s not appointment TV, but it really takes a May Sunday afternoon watching the smoker and nursing beers to the next level.
It’s on in my garage every weekend now. I don’t sit and watch and entire game but it’s enjoyable to catch some plays here and there.

Pizzapitter

sopsycho
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2020
Seems "strange." Coach Anthony Becht is 6'6." Roco, 6'ish.
We've all known a FEW kids that are shorter than dad.
Can't say that I've ever met a son, that's 6ish" shorter than dad.
Aside, some interesting AB interviews.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
We're almost 9,000 posts into a uniform megathread.

A topic mainly about Iowa State. You're worried about an NFL team that doesn't exist reusing a UFL team's name. There's as good of a chance as Des Moines landing an NFL team and calling them the Barnstormers. Zero.