***2024 NFL Draft***

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
To Viking fans, any concerns that you just drafted a QB from a team that decided their best path to victory was to not throw a pass the entire second half against PSU? And you traded up to do so?
Im not a Vikings fan but I honestly think JJ is in the right situation to be very good. He goes from being coached by Harbaugh, to O'Connell. Hes 27-1 and a national champion with great ball placement and is mobile with a very strong arm. IMO he may turn out to be the 2nd best QB in this draft all said and done.

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
Chad will be fine. His disowned Cooper after he said he could beat Caitlin 1 on 1.
I still think its laughable that people think Cooper said this. Cooper would break Clark in half.

Now, if this was an uncontested game of horse or around the world, then Clark could beat anyone in the world. But she wouldn't get a shot off with a physical guard with a 40+ inch vertical in an actual game.

not sure why the media and people don't understand this. Reminds me of the Griner versus Cousins smack talk.

as for the draft. I am ok with the vikings picks so far. I have seen worse.
Not sure what ATL is doing, but they obviously know something.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Im not a Vikings fan but I honestly think JJ is in the right situation to be very good. He goes from being coached by Harbaugh, to O'Connell. Hes 27-1 and a national champion with great ball placement and is mobile with a very strong arm. IMO he may turn out to be the 2nd best QB in this draft all said and done.

Is the Vikings O line as dominant as Michigans?

• Winner
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Who would anyone in their sensible minds actually believe that Dianna has any inside connection to knowing how Cousins felt about all this, people are so easily fooled.
The agent appears to be chirping:

• Haha
Reactions: Cycho1

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
So this turned out to be the fourth time in history that QBs went 1-2-3 in the draft. How has that worked out?

IMG_4214.jpeg

Of those nine, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, and Trey Lance have been absolute busts. Zach Wilson could probably be in that category, too. Trevor Lawrence … I dunno, but he hasn’t shown a whole lot yet (doesn’t help that the Jaguars are terrible).

Archie Manning and Dan Pastorini were servicable, at least, but didn’t live up to their draft positions. Manning, like Lawrence so far, never played for a decent team; Pastorini had some good years when Earl Campbell was running the ball.

Jim Plunkett had a rough start to his career (having NFL coaches trying to have him run the option didn’t help), but he did win a Super Bowl later. Donovan McNabb also was a good NFL QB and got to a Super Bowl.

So despite all the grades and all the scouts and all the coaches and GMs making moves to get their “sure things,” taking QBs with the first three picks in the draft has about a 25% success rate. You just don’t know nothin’ when you draft college players …

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Is the Vikings O line as dominant as Michigans?
It doesnt have to be, all I am getting at is that he is set up to succeed more than most typically are going into the league. It is of my opinion that he can do very well. I could also be completely wrong, shoot even the GMs cant say they know all this with certainty either.

Reactions: BCClone

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
To Viking fans, any concerns that you just drafted a QB from a team that decided their best path to victory was to not throw a pass the entire second half against PSU? And you traded up to do so?
I'm always concerned for QBs who played only on teams who were so good at every single position that QB alone wasn't really that big of a challenge.

Reactions: CycloneVet

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I know the De Jean was a hawk but I don't get why people are actively cheering him falling out of the first round.

He is a freak athlete from small town Iowa. I am rooting for him.
A lot of these guys are freak athletes from small towns. Proximity isn't much of a differentiator, considering he played for our rival.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I know the De Jean was a hawk but I don't get why people are actively cheering him falling out of the first round.

I will cheer for the kid and wish him success. I’m just laughing at the Hawk fans that are losing their minds over him not getting selected.

Really not different than Clark. You can wish the player well while also being critical of the over the top coverage.

Reactions: BigCyFan

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

I do, 90% of people here were actively trashing the best women's basketball player in the country who also happens to be from Des Moines. Why would this be any different?

It's a hint of jealousy combined with obsession. It's pretty obvious from comments on here alot of Iowa State people watch more Iowa sporting events than their actual fans.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I do, 90% of people here were actively trashing the best women's basketball player in the country who also happens to be from Des Moines. Why would this be any different?

It's a hint of jealousy combined with obsession. It's pretty obvious from comments on here alot of Iowa State people watch more Iowa sporting events than their actual fans.
First time seeing a rivalry up close, huh?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
NFC North 1st round

Bears, get all the talent in the world. Waiting to see how they screw it up.

Vikings, 2 bold trades. Basically bigger eggs lesser baskets

Lions, brilliant move to grab a CB who's comp.is J. Alexander.

Packers, **** the bed drafting an OT with short arms and doesn't fare well v. Power.
Now they have 4 Friday picks to try and recover.

Reactions: Halincandenza

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha

I think most Cyclone fans just don't want Iowa to get the notoriety of having a first-round pick. Simple as that. Nothing against De Jean. Seems like a good guy. Hawk fans are the same toward our players. What rivals do.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Someone smarter than me can explain why he's better, but DeJean is just Riley Moss 2.0 IMO. Virtually identical in all measurables and I'd have similar questions on DeJean as there were on Moss about what his ultimate position is. Moss was a third rounder and had his injury issues in year one, but was largely a non-factor for Denver. Plus DeJean's put up the gaudy stats in 2022 with Moss on the otherside and people throwing at Cooper more. To me he's not a player that's 60 picks better than Moss. He'll likely be a fine player, but I'm not surprised NFL teams don't worship him the way Iowa fans do.

HeightWeightArm lengthHand span40-yard dash10-yard split20-yard split20-yard shuttleThree-cone drillVertical jumpBroad jumpBench press
Moss6 ft 05⁄8 in193 lb30 in9+1⁄2 in4.45 s1.48 s2.56 s4.15 s6.60 s39.0 in10 ft 7 in11 reps
DeJean6 ft 01⁄2 in203 lb31+1⁄8 in9+5⁄8 in4.42 s1.52 s2.58 sN/AN/A38.5 in10 ft 4 in16 reps

• Winner
Reactions: GT25Ump

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Nope, born and raised in Iowa so I've seen the rivalry for over 40 years now. It's innocent ribbing and being civil in my circles.

On here it's nastiness and vitriol dialed up to 10 on most any Iowa subject.
Ok. And?

"There's a wasp nest in the swing set in my backyard. I've seen the wasps buzzing around it. So imagine my surprise when I went to go swing, and the wasps were angry! Can you believe it?"

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Someone smarter than me can explain why he's better, but DeJean is just Riley Moss 2.0 IMO. Virtually identical in all measurables and I'd have similar questions on DeJean as there were on Moss about what his ultimate position is. Moss was a third rounder and had his injury issues in year one, but was largely a non-factor for Denver. Plus DeJean's put up the gaudy stats in 2022 with Moss on the otherside and people throwing at Cooper more. To me he's not a player that's 60 picks better than Moss. He'll likely be a fine player, but I'm not surprised NFL teams don't worship him the way Iowa fans do.

HeightWeightArm lengthHand span40-yard dash10-yard split20-yard split20-yard shuttleThree-cone drillVertical jumpBroad jumpBench press
Moss6 ft 05⁄8 in193 lb30 in9+1⁄2 in4.45 s1.48 s2.56 s4.15 s6.60 s39.0 in10 ft 7 in11 reps
DeJean6 ft 01⁄2 in203 lb31+1⁄8 in9+5⁄8 in4.42 s1.52 s2.58 sN/AN/A38.5 in10 ft 4 in16 reps

he had been cleared to workout for like 2 weeks before he put up those numbers