2024-2025 Recruiting Thread

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I ask this genuinely because I'm not in the weeds with wrestling recruiting. Someone said these '24 and '25 classes were just what we needed but when I looked up team rankings it doesn't seem to match what our ranking/nationals finish was. Is it just that the recruits we have match what we need very well or are the rankings just hit and miss?
I personally think Herrera is criminally underrated.

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
I ask this genuinely because I'm not in the weeds with wrestling recruiting. Someone said these '24 and '25 classes were just what we needed but when I looked up team rankings it doesn't seem to match what our ranking/nationals finish was. Is it just that the recruits we have match what we need very well or are the rankings just hit and miss?
My advice is to wait and see who shows up in August and then figure out how good the class fills needs.

Too many moving parts nowadays

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
My advice is to wait and see who shows up in August and then figure out how good the class fills needs.

Too many moving parts nowadays
Would you consider doing a newsletter of sorts that you could share some of the moving parts? Maybe not all but some to fans on the board that have shown to simply be Clones that are dying for info?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Would you consider doing a newsletter of sorts that you could share some of the moving parts? Maybe not all but some to fans on the board that have shown to simply be Clones that are dying for info?
Donate a solid 250K and I bet he'll tell you anything you want to know!

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
My point was the portal just opened, there’s going to be lots of comings and going’s just like every other year, so you won’t know what kind of roster you are going to have for quite a while yet.

And it would be a pretty short newsletter, but I’ll give you the first edition now for free: “Follow what @buf87 and @stuclone post on here.”

That’s what I do

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
The portal will be interesting moving forward.. this isn’t amateur basketball like.. basketball is. If you’re transferring you’re losing credits and having to retake classes, etc. I think we’ve seen a lot of graduate transfers because of the extra time they’ve been in school. Most kids have to be working towards earning a degree and don’t want to be in school forever and redoing classes.

Reactions: matclone

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I thought it was open until May
Here is what I found..
  • Men’s Wrestling: March 9-May 7
    Exceptions:
  • There are exceptions for Division I student-athletes who will be transferring as a postgraduate student and for those who are transferring as a non-scholarship athlete.
  • There is also a 30-day Transfer Window available for Division I student-athletes immediately following their coach being fired or leaving to take another job.

isufan2

Nov 15, 2014
Not saying the kid lacks any sort of motivation....maybe it'll add a little extra to him to prove all the talking heads wrong.
So you don't think Sawyer Bartlett,Herrera, Christian Castillo, Meza, Nagaboren, Pearson, & Stanton are good gets ? Almost every weigh class is covered with quality recruits. We just finished 4th. And the recruiting has been better each year. My opinion.

Last edited:

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
So you don't think Sawyer Bartlett,Herrera, Christian Castillo, Meza, Nagaboren, Pearson, & Stanton are good gets ? Almost everyone weigh class is covered with quality recruits. We just finished 4th. And the recruiting has been better each year. My opinion.
Where did I say anything about them not being good gets in my post? I was talking about how he will use the talking heads underrating him as motivation?

Edit: actually is this an April fools? I can’t for the life of me figure out how you got that out of what I said at all

• Haha
Reactions: StormWarning11