NBA: ***2023-24 NBA season***

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Incredible that Minnesota won this game 7 on the road with Ant going 6-24. If I heard he shot like that I would of bet the farm that Denver won this easily.

• Agree
Reactions: Bigman38

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Minnesota Indy NBA finals would be great for us here but nba front office probably don't want that.
Why not? They would have a lot of eyeballs cause it’s different. People/fans love different for a change and so do advertisers. Yes it would be great for cyclone nation.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Why not? They would have a lot of eyeballs cause it’s different. People/fans love different for a change and so do advertisers. Yes it would be great for cyclone nation.

I would love it and want that matchup.

I was just saying that most sports leagues front offices want the ratings and while both teams have great young stars the ratings usually do well when bigger markets are involved.

CHim

Apr 20, 2006
Vince would probably be a good Jet replacement. Dray could replace Shaq or Chuck as flavor/loudmouth. The only one you can’t replace is EJ. And the ending of Inside the NBA is the cause for my loss of faith in capitalism. Some things are bigger than money, this is one of them. And pry like health insurance or pension or something but mostly this.

CHim

Apr 20, 2006
Also my call for ECF is Celtics. Would love to see Hali make it happen though, Pacers are a fun team. Any reliable defense and they are a huge threat. Just don’t think they have the experience on trying on the D end to hold up in a series.

Wolves D should carry them to the finals but…Playoff Luka. And Kyrie is somehow been rehabilitated into a stable NBA genius? Mavs were the top rated defense the last 20-ish games of the year. WCF is going to be fascinating. I think Wolves will do it with SLO-MO getting the TDogs a game.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

We can tell ourselves that all we want, but in reality the NBA would see Indy-Minny as a ratings disaster. If the NBA front office had its way it would be New York/Brooklyn vs LA every year, perhaps with Boston, Chicago, Miami, Golden St, and San Antonio sneaking in every so often to keep things fresh. Those are the NBA markets that draw the eyeballs. Of the four remaining teams, the NBA front office will want Boston-Dallas - Boston because it's the Celtics, Dallas because it's one of the biggest markets in the nation (ordinarily I don't think Dallas cares much about basketball, but in this case they'll take what they can get).

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

CHim

Apr 20, 2006
We can tell ourselves that all we want, but in reality the NBA would see Indy-Minny as a ratings disaster. If the NBA front office had its way it would be New York/Brooklyn vs LA every year, perhaps with Boston, Chicago, Miami, Golden St, and San Antonio sneaking in every so often to keep things fresh. Those are the NBA markets that draw the eyeballs. Of the four remaining teams, the NBA front office will want Boston-Dallas - Boston because it's the Celtics, Dallas because it's one of the biggest markets in the nation (ordinarily I don't think Dallas cares much about basketball, but in this case they'll take what they can get).
You think they are gaming the system for a result?!? Be fore real, this is sports. Not the CIA

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

Looked up 4 markets left

5 Dallas
8 Boston
15 Minneapolis
25 Indianapolis

All are decent but league office would take 5 vs 8 all day vs 15 vs 25.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
You think they are gaming the system for a result?!? Be fore real, this is sports. Not the CIA

Did I SAY they were “gaming the games”? No. You put those words in my mouth. I simply said the NBA front office has preferences, and to think otherwise is to delude yourself.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Also my call for ECF is Celtics. Would love to see Hali make it happen though, Pacers are a fun team. Any reliable defense and they are a huge threat. Just don’t think they have the experience on trying on the D end to hold up in a series.

Wolves D should carry them to the finals but…Playoff Luka. And Kyrie is somehow been rehabilitated into a stable NBA genius? Mavs were the top rated defense the last 20-ish games of the year. WCF is going to be fascinating. I think Wolves will do it with SLO-MO getting the TDogs a game.

Way to go out on a limb there.

I do believe it’ll be Boston in 5 or 6. Pacers may get one before Porzingis gets back, but if he’s at all up to form by game 3, Pacers don’t have a chance with their defense being so poor. They’ll be high scoring entertaining games, but they just won’t be able to get stops when they need to.

I like Minnesota to beat the Mavs. Dallas doesn’t have much interior presence and I see Towns putting up big numbers.