NBA: ***2023-24 NBA season***

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I was just wondering if maybe the Mavs are the under the radar contender if Kyrie plays like this. Doncic put up an epic stat line this year. They had a pretty solid record in a stacked conference that was stacked with quality/parity.

If I had to put odds right now I feel like Boston and Dallas/OKC/Denver/Minn in the west all have about an equal shot and none of them is some heavy favorite. On a neutral cout I'd take those four over Boston but Boston is going to have home court.

It would be more fun if someone besides Boston comes out of East, just hard to see it. I really don't have a heavy favorite of the west teams. Might have been Denver a week ago but not after dropping those two at home convincingly.
I agree with you on East. Felt like it was going to be Boston from start unless antekoumpo was fully healthy. The East like normal is just much weaker.

I feel tomorrow's timberwolves/Nuggets game will be the West winner. About of big of Game 4 as I can remember though you get to this stage they're all big.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneIce

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Kyrie has been a model citizen here in DFW this season. He's the perfect complement for Luka as he doesn't look to score as much in the first half and is more of a facilitator. He is one of the best closers in the game in the 4th quarter and can take over when Luka seems to wear down a bit from the constant pounding he takes.
Kyrie is so unselfish compared to other at his level but can get a bucket when he wants. He's a great co star to have if he's committed

Reactions: Texbudman

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Mitchell had a pretty good stat line tonight and no help.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Since the Celts lost Porziņģis to injury last week, it brought them down to the remaining playoff teams-level. If he’s healthy, nobody in the NBA can match Boston except the Nuggets.

Even without him, C’s have to be the favorites as they will have home-court. Also, Boston has been knocking on the door for a title with this core group the last 3-4 years.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think Cavs may have overachieved more than any other team this year. They just don’t have the firepower of the other 7 teams still playing. They have a lot of gamers and guys who can get hot.
Some good "pieces" but kind of a weird fit for everyone.
I just think Mitchell and Garland together are like Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum together. Their peak is probably contending for a conference title and not league title.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Whose pick became okc's? Nice to be a 1 seed and have a lottery pick.

LoL at worst record pistons picking 5th.

Atlanta was in play in round and they get top pick, wtf!
I think it was part of the Russell Westbrook to Houston trade like 5+ years ago or something

• Informative
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
I feel like if TWolves lose tonight, they're toast.
I expect it to happen. Minnesota has all 4 major sport teams. None have won a championship since the 1991 twins. None have even made it to the finals since 1991. Anytime a team looks like they could make a run in the playoffs, they crumble and wilt

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Edwards and Joker giving us a show. Also I really like Jamal Crawford doing these games. This is the best crew in the business.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
That ending to the half is classic Minnesota sports. Ugh.

Help Support Us

Become a patron