***2023-24 College Football Thread***

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
BGSU scored two and a half times more points against the Golfers than the Hoks did. But the Hoks blamed the refs.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Spread has dropped like by 5 points on the game tonight between KU-UNLV. Rumor of the KU QB may have the flu/may be out. We shall see....could be b.s.

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
Probably mentioned already, but can we get rid of the bowl game cup challenge? 10 years ago this meant something, but now either half the teams are missing key players or certain conferences have to slide teams up a bowl because of the playoffs.

There is a huge difference between Minnesota beating Bowling Green versus Northwestern Beating Utah.

• Love
Reactions: BigCyFan

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Probably mentioned already, but can we get rid of the bowl game cup challenge? 10 years ago this meant something, but now either half the teams are missing key players or certain conferences have to slide teams up a bowl because of the playoffs.

There is a huge difference between Minnesota beating Bowling Green versus Northwestern Beating Utah.

That will happen only if the B1G and SEC start noticeably losing lots of bowls.

The earlier game's annoouncers were putting in some work to talk up the B1G W.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
The ESPN broadcast technical crews must be spread pretty thin during bowl season. Just now at the Guaranteed Rate bowl:

- Kansas completes a long pass. It looked pretty clear to me the receiver pushed off the UNLV defender; in fact the defender was motioning to the officials to indicate that.

- Not only was there no call from the refs, there was no mention of the move by the ESPN crew in the booth. I was looking forward to the replay to confirm what I had seen.

- No replay appeared to be upcoming, as Kansas lined up and was about to snap the ball … and then, and only then, suddenly a replay takes over the screen. Bold move, I think - the director must have a hunch Kansas isn’t going to run a play so fast.

- And then the replay is cut short, well before the ball or the camera gets to the receiver, taking us back to live action … which is the teams sorting themselves out after a play was run and we, the viewers, missed it entirely. Beth Mowins made a quick mention of Kansas trying a “quick hitter,” but no idea of who/yardage/anything regarding an entire play that was just - ignored.

- Not only did we miss an actual play, we also never got a replay of the big catch before it - a big catch that set up a Kansas TD on the play immediately following the play that was missed, and since Kansas actually scored ESPN decided the push-off/big catch was “old news” and didn‘t get a replay at all.

I’m just saying this ESPN director isn’t getting any Emmy nominations for Best Live Broadcast Of A Sports Event.

Reactions: nrg4isu

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron