**2020 CF Election Mafia**

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
I figured I was destined to go out and figured I had to put up my theory. I really felt pretty confident on SCNCY and azhuth. Fitzy was more of a lean, but nothing I could really put my finger on up to that point.
CTown you are my vote for inno MVP. That theory was spot on, and in your next post you even mentioned Cows are being suspicious. Well done.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
One of those games where the spidey-sense tingled, and tingled correctly.

Watch, next game, I'll get the bad tingle and vote out a special inno.
giphy.gif

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Underrated post of the game was north coming in hot with the f*ck all your plans thing.

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
My money is on Arob and Cows being mafia. So Cows will vote Michael and save Arob tonight. When Michael comes back inno, we should be able to vote out scum the next two days.

JM I did my best to tell it like it was on Friday. I’m not sure if this helped your decision in the end or not. Either way, well done.

Reactions: michaelrr1

Cleaver

Jul 9, 2015
This was by far the best and most entertaining game we have played in awhile. This brings us back to the Tiger King mafia we had months ago.

JM- great job on picking the right person in the end. I was convinced last night you had flipped.

Ctown- has the best non detective theory I’ve ever seen by nailing 3 and eventually 4 of the mafia. Tip of the cap to you.

Mafia had played that so well up until the end and not much more I think they could do. I personally think it was a great idea to have at least one of you with a fantastic record to point to at the end of the game.

I just wish I hadn’t gotten killed so early. I chose to save Michael after night 1 in case mafia decided to kill off the other vote getter to leave us guessing. Then I just had to open my mouth about having a theory on day 2 that I’m guessing made them think I was the poll watcher when I was just using my own logic.

Overall a fantastic game and well done job by @PSYclone22

• Winner
Reactions: Fitzy and JM4CY

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
Some quick thoughts from my perspective:

JM: good job making the winning pick there.

Innos: holy ****, there was plenty of evidence that michael was inno and you STILL voted him out. WTF did he need to do to prove it?

Ctown: inno MVP with that write up at end of day 3. Nailed SCNCY, azhuth AND Fitzy

Fitzy: crushed it on determining which innos were special (Vikes based on singling out the top group from day 1, GBlade as the only one who would have the information to vote the way he did)

Also Fitzy: in the game thread itself he only ever tried to direct innos away from mafia. If anyone had ever gone back through his posts they would have pieced together a quality list of innos.

SCNCY: things were going well for mafia, then he tried to lead that charge on Ctown. Sometimes things just don't work out...

My broad takeaways if I wanted to help improve innos trying to find mafia: those lists of players who everyone thinks is mafia are so useful. Too often we get into "vote x player" mode and everyone jumps on without talking it through.

Second, look at the big picture. Fitzy convinced folks not to vote him out by pointing out a couple good things he did. But if looking at the broader picture the evidence pointed to him being mafia.

Third, and third is similar, don't forget what happened one or two or three days ago. Ctown put out his manifesto and crushed it, and then he died and everyone ignored what he did. That's just one example, but ir happened a few times where folks got distracted by the new shiny person at top of votes.

No ******* ****!!!!!

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
I own my mistake. Cmon... I won it at the end. Bygones be bygones?
At least let us know you maybe learned something from that.

You can't get blinders on and only go after one person. And similar to the case against Fitzy, look at the whole picture of michael's posts and gotes in the game. Sure, there were some things that could have been mafia. But there was plenty of inno evidence there.

The best thing to do there if you're still suspicious is to just keep watching that person while still making sure to look at everyone else. You always could have come back to michael later in the game if he was the MOST suspicious person left.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron