2 things

Trigger

Dec 30, 2011
This may be the 1st game I have seen Rhodes be outcoached. Our players have made several mistakes but Rutgers has had an answer for every single formation, defensa or offense.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Defensively I thought we were fine, not great but good enough to win. Offensively we had no answers.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Ya, I'm pretty disappointed. I have realistic expectations for our team and FB program.

Today we were beaten in just about every facet and not because Rutgers is better than us. Both teams are pretty similar talent wise, IMO.

Rhoads and co were out coached.

Our QB's were a joke.

Our OL was a huge disappointment.

Our D was pretty blah overall.

We missed some kicks.

We had way too many self-inflicted mistakes.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Rutgers is well coached, and they have done some good things the past 10 years. Still, this one is greatly frustrating.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Schiano is a good football coach. He's kinda fallen off the map in the Big East but he seems to be a very good in-game coach.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
The team was not ready to play. Glad they had fun playing all week. Too bad they didn't have fun playing in this game.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
It's really a meaningless game. Not a big deal really. But the practices are important for development. With an entire month off, I really expected to see some sort of progress out of the offense and a good plan coming in. Instead we got the same old **** we saw all year. No imagination, no game plan, not prepared, no development at the QB or receiver spot.

Rutgers did exactly what they should though....blitz and then blitz more because we don't really have a guy that can throw a football. and our new OC better get used to it, because that is what is going to happen all year until we have a QB that can handle it.

Fun year, sad ending. Looking forward to next year, although nervous as hell we won't be able to score enough points to compete in the B12.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Better put the hard hats back on. The party is over. Got a lot of work to do before next fall.

We could be really good next year. Or not. The choice is (ours)

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
This may be the 1st game I have seen Rhodes be outcoached. Our players have made several mistakes but Rutgers has had an answer for every single formation, defensa or offense.

******* learn to spell his name. Seriously.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Thank God you didn't see them outcoach Rhoads. That would have been terrible.

For crying out loud, the guy has been on ESPN how many times, he just signed a 10 year 20 million dollar deal and you still can't spell his name right?

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Can we just start banhammering people who can't spell the ******* coach's name correctly? It's CycloneFanatic for a reason. If you're a fanatic, you have the basic knowledge of the team, and that includes how to ******* spell the name of the ******* head coach.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Both offenses were outcoached by both defenses. Just their defense against our offense was more lopsided of the two and that was your game.

Special teams were a wash or a slight edge ISU because of returns.

Our defensive gameplan, coaching and execution was good enough in spite of some lapses. I barely noticed the player who is apparently the greatest wide receiver in the history of football according to everything I've read for a month.