Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I think I just realized why I have a hard time watching women’s basketball. Two straight possessions, Iowa tries a thread the needle one handed bounce pass that just gets eaten up and picked off cleanly, never had a prayer….then OSU goes down after the steal and does the exact same thing lol. It’s just trying too hard to be something it’s not.

Reactions: 1776

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Really was.

Very, very easy to root against her on court behavior. That specific moment is really cringy, but not surprising from a suckeye.

It’s more embarrassing that the refs are such huge mega fan worshipers than anything CC did.

Lots of players get chippy and bump opponents like that…to call that mild retaliation tech is just totally absurd. I think they even reviewed it? How do you not drop it or call a double tech if you review that?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I think I just realized why I have a hard time watching women’s basketball. Two straight possessions, Iowa tries a thread the needle one handed bounce pass that just gets eaten up and picked off cleanly, never had a prayer….then OSU goes down after the steal and does the exact same thing lol. It’s just trying too hard to be something it’s not.

Yeah as someone who watches more nba than anything the ball handling/passing is more frustrating than the shooting.

Ryan and very obviously Clark are different level with it than most.

May 7, 2020
I’ve said numerous times…. I enjoy watching CC play…. it’s funny.

Plus, there’s 45+ mph winds outside anyway. But I’d probably watch no matter what…. never know what hilarious antics from CC I might miss out on!
A lot like this thread. So funny to see how worked up people can get over CC.

• Dumb
Reactions: WartburgClone

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
A lot like this thread. So funny to see how worked up people can get over CC.

Even more funny to see someone so worked up over message board comments they're over on a different school's message board during one of their own games.

I can't imagine being on a hawkeye message board at all, much less doing so when ISU was playing.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
This broadcast is pathetic…. such an injustice to Pistol Pete. Gus should be embarrassed.

To not clarify that he did it in 3 years and with no 3 pt line is shameful.

While Pete would probably have 5k points with a 3 point line the fact is he didn't. That's not CC's fault.

• Dislike
Reactions: Candide

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
These bogus technicals are not giving tOSU a shot in this game…. ruining this otherwise good game.

Help Support Us

Become a patron