RECRUITING: Prohm busy on JUCO trail, watching new G tonight

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Sounding like Iowa State is taking a long look at Daryl Edwards, a guard out of Northwest Florida State College.

Stats here.

Key: He's a 51 % 3-point shooters on the season so far.

Prohm will be watching Edwards play tonight ...

--- Iowa State's head coach watched IWCC big man De'Quan Lake play last night. Iowa State does like him a lot.

--- Prohm also watched Shakur Juiston practice yesterday afternoon.

--- If you're fuzzy on the bottom two, I wrote about Iowa State's interest in them last month. Will keep you guys updated on any actual developments as they come.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Sounding like Iowa State is taking a long look at Daryl Edwards, a guard out of Northwest Florida State College.

Stats here.

Key: He's a 51 % 3-point shooters on the season so far.

Prohm will be watching Edwards play tonight ...

--- Iowa State's head coach watched IWCC big man De'Quan Lake play last night. Iowa State does like him a lot.

--- Prohm also watched Shakur Juiston practice yesterday afternoon.

--- If you're fuzzy on the bottom two, I wrote about Iowa State's interest in them last month. Will keep you guys updated on any actual developments as they come.

Any idea if they are close to offering any of the JUCOs?

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Northwest Florida State College is where ISU played the T'giving 2015 tourney (VaTech, Illinois & University of Abhorrent Behavior). They had a wall there with pictures of players and where they had transferred - they seemed to put a LOT of players into good NCAA programs (men's and women's).

Great little facility and I suspect one of the better JUCO programs in USA. It seems to me that Edwards would be a good "get."

Last edited:

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
kid's not the most consistent, games 1/28-2/07 22,27,6 & 3 points

Yeah, but Naz and Matt have occasional "off" days as well. I'd focus more on that 51% for a larger sample size.

JUCOs are always gonna be a bit of a gamble due to the quality of competition, but we are losing a ton of firepower from three-point land. DJ and Wigginton look to be able to knock down shots. NWB needs to work on his shot this summer. I'd like him to get around or above 30-35% from three to give defenses something to think about. McNeill is supposedly a solid shooter, but it's gonna take him time to see regular minutes IMO.

We could use an experienced shooter. If the staff likes him, I'm on board.

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
I hope we get Lake. Great size and has had some big games as of late.

Help Support Us

Become a patron