Random Thoughts VIII: The Ocho

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I worked at the maintenance dept over in Helser while at ISU. The union electricians there believed that a licked finger was better than any voltage tester on the market.

They were also crazy as ****.

When I worked in the old Post Office building in downtown St. Paul everything was rewired or repaired "live" since with all of the wiring added over the years no one knew what breakers shutoff what and they couldn't risk killing power to computers. Won't have liked to be doing that but understood since the building was only wired for lights and fans when it was finished in 1934.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Was there a match in a Christmas thread?

Small one. The guy basically just came in and posted about how he found this website with all of the exact same stuff as Heartland except for 1/4 of the cost. I basically said good for you and called him out for being a ****.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Small one. The guy basically just came in and posted about how he found this website with all of the exact same stuff as Heartland except for 1/4 of the cost. I basically said good for you and called him out for being a ****.
It was probably more about deleting his stuff and less about deleting you calling him out. There is no place for that here when we are dealing with a site sponsor.

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
If you quote a post that is subsequently deleted, your response with the quote enclosed is often deleted as well. I've lost posts before, not because of what I said, but because I quoted the offending post in my response. :)

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
If you quote a post that is subsequently deleted, your response with the quote enclosed is often deleted as well. I've lost posts before, not because of what I said, but because I quoted the offending post in my response. :)

People are saying I've only been deleted when quoting KC. :rolleyes:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I was changing the blades on the chipper and the stupid cat kept crawling inside the wheel housing. It got stuck one time so I had to spin the wheel around to get it out. Damn thing never leaves me alone.

Well that story has a better ending than the one I'm going to tell since you reminded me of it. KC may not want to read further.

It was hay making season and there was a load left over from the night before to put in the silo, started the tractor let it warm up, then flipped on the PTO to start the blower just got going and it plugged (WTF?) shut everything down went back to figure out what happened and sure enough a cat took a nap in it and when it started it scooped it up and then it got jammed in the shear plate area. It was a mess to clean up.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Well that story has a better ending than the one I'm going to tell since you reminded me of it. KC may not want to read further.

It was hay making season and there was a load left over from the night before to put in the silo, started the tractor let it warm up, then flipped on the PTO to start the blower just got going and it plugged (WTF?) shut everything down went back to figure out what happened and sure enough a cat took a nap in it and when it started it scooped it up and then it got jammed in the shear plate area. It was a mess to clean up.

we had one crawl in the elevator (for unloading small bales) between loads. The kittens would hang out there because there was comfy hay and such. We always chased them out before starting, but we must have had a longer break or something and a dumb one came back. I saw it before it got smashed and yelled to my dad. He jumped off the elevator but (I didn't see this. back turned as I scrambled down), caught his foot on a lever of some kind and basically face planted next to the tractor. So I shut off the tractor and am then very confused at where my dad went. Found him laying next to the tractor moaning and thought he somehow got run over. Several minutes of pretty solid panic by me and other family members as they came down to see why the elevator was off. Didn't die (obviously) but knocked the wind out pretty solidly (the moaning was him trying to breathe) and probably bruised some ribs.

Kitten survived, dad wasn't a fan of it. Pretty sure it died later in the summer due to fleas anyway. Sister never put Frontline on it.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Wow, just tried to pull a fuse without tripping a breaker. Done that hundreds of times with no problem. This time it lit my *** up. WOW!!
Obviously that fuse is fine.

Glad your ok I sort of wanted to rate it funny, but I didn't want people to misunderstand, I've done stuff like that also. Do stuff all the time, then something bites you, as long as no one gets hurt all is well.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: BCClone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
People are saying I've only been deleted when quoting KC. :rolleyes:

WRONG
BaldwinTrumpSNL_360.jpg

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Tailgating for the first time in years tomorrow and Fareway was out of frozen cinnamon rolls (rise and bake kind) tonight. Will have to make a quick run to WM after little kids are asleep and hope they have some. Really don't want to run to Hy Vee.

Reactions: cyrocksmypants

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Chaka Khan, Chaka Khan, Chaka Khan
Chaka Khan, let me rock you
Let me rock you, Chaka Khan
Let me rock you, that's all I wanna do
Chaka Khan, let me rock you
Let me rock you, Chaka Khan
Let me rock you, let me feel for you

In Home Depot tonight and when I was checking out the store was, of course, playing Chaka Khan's Tell Me Something Good

BTW, had to go to the Depot because I hadn't been there all day and I had made two Menards runs and one Ace Hardware run. The Depot was calling me.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee and NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.