****Official Class of 2017 Recruiting Thread****

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Impressive of Smart to get him away from Minnesota.

Um really? Shaka vs lil Richard. Minnesota has been losing out to the top in state talent for years. Other than Amir Coffey (and I think he goes to ISU if not for Fred leaving and hurting his knee) there has been a mass exodus since tubby got Royce.

Reactions: chadly82

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Um really? Shaka vs lil Richard. Minnesota has been losing out to the top in state talent for years. Other than Amir Coffey (and I think he goes to ISU if not for Fred leaving and hurting his knee) there has been a mass exodus since tubby got Royce.
Jericho's father played at Minnesota, I figured that'd be a pretty big advantage.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
KU is planning on Graham being gone. That leaves Newman, Vick and Garret. So you think Sexton isn't playing over Garret and Vick? Sorry I don't buy that. some players may be worried about a roster but most aren't when they are that good. Look at Kentucky and Duke. They have numerous highly ranked players sitting on the bench. Since when have you seen top ten players go to places like ISU or Alabama bc of playing time concerns? If he picks ISU or Alabama it won't be bc he is scared of the current guards at KU.

As for Wigginton, not the same. And if Morris was coming back and Sexton was coming to ISU I would expect him to play along side Morris.

This will be a long shot IMO, he's really good but I don't see much of an NBA game from him ever, let alone leaving early.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
This will be a long shot IMO, he's really good but I don't see much of an NBA game from him ever, let alone leaving early.

While you may not see it, NBA scouts do and that is why has been projected as a late first round early second round pick heading into the season. On Draft Express for the 2017 Mock Draft he is two spots higher than Morris.

From what I have read they also think there is a shot Bragg could leave as well and that they would lose their entire starting 5 plus the Ukranian kid. Making 17/18 a prime year for KU's streak to end but of course that has been said before.

Last edited:
Reactions: heitclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
While you may not see it, NBA scouts do and that is why has been projected as a late first round early second round pick heading into the season. On Draft Express for the 2017 Mock Draft he is two spots higher than Morris.

From what I have read they also think there is a shot Bragg could leave as well and that they would lose their entire starting 5 plus the Ukranian kid. Making 17/18 a prime year for KU's streak to end but of course that has been said before.
"NBA Scouts" also thought Svi Mykhailiuk was going to be a lottery pick in this years draft, and the kid averaged like 4 and 2.

• Agree
Reactions: DurangoCy

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
"NBA Scouts" also thought Svi Mykhailiuk was going to be a lottery pick in this years draft, and the kid averaged like 4 and 2.

I am not saying that at the end of the season things could be different but that is what is going on right now and so to claim that it is a longshot that he declares for the draft is not based in reality. You have to also factor in that I think he is as old as a Senior this year because he had a year at prep school. So even if at the end of the season he is a second round pick I can see him leaving.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
From the video (which isn't a ton) I've seen he doesn't look like a p5 level athlete, he plays slow, not an explosive athlete, he plays against small school competition and he's had off the court issues. We're also talking about a kid who has only played half of a season who HS bball/weight program etc.., so he will improve and has some upside but I think he still has a ways to go. Im not saying I wouldn't take him, I just think there are guys with less risk.

many things you just said reminds me of another guy that just graduated

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Cade Thompson ‏@Cade4ISU 4m4 minutes ago
Cade Thompson Retweeted Corey Evans

They predicted Darius McNeill and Isaiah Stokes to Iowa State. I'd take that class. Wigginton to Oregon.

Corey Evans ‏@coreyevans_10 11m11 minutes ago
We take a shot at predicting where and when the remaining top-125 uncommitted will land http://buff.ly/2bKlcWL

I would take that class too. If we don't land our true PG, we can snag a decent grad transfer and to buy time for McNeill to prove he's a capable PG, and/or swing for the fences again next year.

Stokes is a big boy.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Cade Thompson ‏@Cade4ISU 4m4 minutes ago
Cade Thompson Retweeted Corey Evans

They predicted Darius McNeill and Isaiah Stokes to Iowa State. I'd take that class. Wigginton to Oregon.

Corey Evans ‏@coreyevans_10 11m11 minutes ago
We take a shot at predicting where and when the remaining top-125 uncommitted will land http://buff.ly/2bKlcWL
Stokes is pretty surprising to see. Haven't really heard much about us with him really. Considering the Tennessee connection & location along with his North Carolina offer I'd be quite surprised if he chose us.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron