Basketball transfer Lamonte Bearden

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Why such good schools with those below average shooting percentages?!? What am I missing here?

His not a bad shooter, just not a good 3pt shooter, I'm most impressed that he shot 172 FT's (Georges led us with 120). He's clearly more of a slasher who gets to the rim and draws fouls. He scored 13+ a game, he just does it in different ways. He's a very solid player.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Stolen from user Carmonw on AllCyclones

According to www.verbalcommits.com which breaks down each schools scholarship chart, Wisconsin, Marquette & Iowa State are all full and don't have any room. But the others currently have an open spot
available.

Nevada - 12
Arizona - 12
TCU - 12
Texas A&M - 12
Wisconsin - 13
Marquette- 13
Iowa State - 13
Miami - 11

So unless the Iowa state coaching staff knows something that isn't public yet, were not in a good position scholarship wise where TCU, Miami and A&M are.

Richard Amardi knows the answer. There is always an opening.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Why such good schools with those below average shooting percentages?!? What am I missing here?

Very tough to find a better PG option out of HS that isn't in the top 50 nationally. This kid would be extremely good if he were able to work on his shot selection and overall accuracy.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Bearden was also suspended after testing positive for Marijuana this year FWIW.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
His not a bad shooter, just not a good 3pt shooter, I'm most impressed that he shot 172 FT's (Georges led us with 120). He's clearly more of a slasher who gets to the rim and draws fouls. He scored 13+ a game, he just does it in different ways. He's a very solid player.

42% overall and 47% from 2 aren't good either. He is tough to keep in front of you without a 3 point shot. I can only imagine what a nightmare he would be with a real threat of an outside shot.

Watching that video I'm not sure why so many times the defense is guarding him at or beyond the 3 point line. Let him jack that up. He never hit more than 2 in a game all last season and he only hit 2 three times. The screen is a problem but it isn't any better when you pick him up outside his range.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Bearden was also suspended after testing positive for Marijuana this year FWIW.

We've had that here. I can't get in a tizzy about pot. Being dumb enough to get caught is a bigger concern but I don't know the details, of course.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I'd have no problem taking that kid and sending Lard to JUCO for a few years. He would pair up nicely with Jackson and take some of the pressure off of this recruiting class. They could sign a HS PG that they could develop and not have to start immediately.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
he was arrested for possession in high school and got suspended at Buffalo. Shoots really bad from 3. Seems like an odd target with Jackson already here and them targeting HS kids. Unless they don't feel good about the HS PGs they are after.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I'd have no problem taking that kid and sending Lard to JUCO for a few years. He would pair up nicely with Jackson and take some of the pressure off of this recruiting class. They could sign a HS PG that they could develop and not have to start immediately.

Since when does a kid go to JUCO and then go to the original school he was going to? I can't recall it ever happening.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
he was arrested for possession in high school and got suspended at Buffalo. Shoots really bad from 3. Seems like an odd target with Jackson already here and them targeting HS kids. Unless they don't feel good about the HS PGs they are after.

Yeah what could us, Arizona, Wisconsin, A&M and Marquette possibly be thinking? I put the odds of us getting him as extremely low but he'd be a huge get.