Search results

1. JJ4ISU

Stinson in Alumni Game

cyclones.com has the rosters for the alumni game, and one of the teams includes Curtis Stinson...interesting that he would be back playing in this.
  2. JJ4ISU

Updated Big 12 Stats (All Games)

Updated Big 12 Stats: ISU Ranks.... Scoring Offense 11th Scoring Defense 7th Scoring Margin 11th Free Throw % 4th Field Goal % 11th Field Goal % Defense 7th 3-Pt FG % 12th 3-Pt FG % D 8th Rebounding 9th Rebounding D 10th Rebounding Margin 8th Blocked Shots 6th Assists 8th Steals 11th Turnover...
  3. JJ4ISU

Super Bowl

Some friends want 12 points and the Giants...should I take their bet and go with the Pats -12? With two weeks prep I personally like the Pats in this one...
  4. JJ4ISU

Big 12 Stats

Was checking out the season stats as of today in the Big 12. Here is where ISU ranks in the conference: Scoring Offense: 11th Scoring Defense: 8th Scoring Margin: 11th Free Throw %: 2nd Field Goal %: 12th Field Goal % D: 7th 3-Pt FG %: 12th 3-Pt FG % D: 10th Rebounding: 8th Rebounding D: 10th...
  5. JJ4ISU

Shawn Johnson

Not sure if anyone has mentioned the fact that Betts Lexus/Cadillac in Des Moines gave WDM gymnast Shawn Johnson a new LandRover for her 16th birthday. I think this is nice and all, but what does that do to her amateur status? Could she still compete in college after accepting a gift like that...
  6. JJ4ISU

Harrison Barnes is a STUD

The highlight of my football gameday experience yesterday was watching the men's basketball team scrimmage before the football game. Can I just say that Ames High sophomore-to-be Harrison Barnes was one of the best players on the floor. If his play yesterday was any indication, this kid will be...
  7. JJ4ISU

ISU Stencil Kit for Driveway

Does anyone know if an Iowa State driveway stencil kit exists? I see you can order a Hawkeye one through drivewaypride.com, but I can't find one for ISU...
  8. JJ4ISU

Bracketology

As of this morning (3.7.07), Joe Lunardi is saying six Big 10 teams, which includes Illinois, Michigan St. and Purdue, and four Big 12 teams, which includes Texas Tech and not K-State. I personally feel K-State is in if they beat Texas Tech in the conference tourney.
  9. JJ4ISU

Refs Protect Players

Why do referees feel the need to protect the big name players in the Big 12? In the game yesterday, that gray-haired referee called a foul on ISU just about every time Durant had the ball. Same thing down at A&M; every time Joseph Jones touched the ball down low-automatic foul. I think our big...
  10. JJ4ISU

Need Tickets for Baylor Game

Looking for 4 tickets to the Baylor game Saturday at Hilton. Let me know if you have two available, as well... e-mail [email protected] or respond to this message...
  11. JJ4ISU

Run the floor; easy baskets

When we are on our home court, and playing teams that play solid halfcourt defense like K-State, I think we need to push it up the floor off missed baskets. We have way too much trouble scoring out of the halfcourt offense. Plus, it gets the crowd into it. We need to find a way to get a few more...
  12. JJ4ISU

ESPN Jinx

This is from ISU/KU press release: "Since Feb. 24, 2001, ISU is 1-14 in games played on ESPN or ESPN2...the Cyclones have lost 10-straight games on ESPN...its last win in an ESPN televised game was a 79-77 win at No. 5 Kansas, Feb. 5, 2001." What's up with this? I am guessing they match us up...
  13. JJ4ISU

Final AP Poll

1. Florida 2. Ohio State 3. LSU 4. USC 5. Boise State Poll link
  14. JJ4ISU

Gag Rule

I see McDermott could be reprimanded by the Big 12 for just telling reporters, "We communicated with the officials that our intention was not to foul, so to give it a good look." Maybe the conference should spend more time reviewing the work officials do on the court, and not so much on...
  15. JJ4ISU

Notre Dame

How many times does Notre Dame need to get blown out in a BCS Bowl before they are no longer guaranteed a spot? Where would Notre Dame have finished in the SEC...somewhere between Vanderbilt and Ole Miss?
  16. JJ4ISU

Ban on Men's Practice Players?

Interesting read from ESPN.com about the NCAA's Committee on Women's Athletics proposing a ban on men's practice players. Seems like a bad idea, and it sounds like others agree. I assume ISU uses men for practice...
  17. JJ4ISU

Mike Taylor

This guy is hard to watch. I'm not sure I've ever seen an ISU player more out of control with the basketball...it's frustrating to watch!!!
  18. JJ4ISU

Bill Self

Did anyone catch the replay of the Iowa State-Oklahoma State game from 1990 on Mediacom last night. Bill Self was Leonard Hamilton's assistant. Self has a sweet mullett and Harry Caray glasses. Sweet!!! The Cyclones won that game, led by Terry Woods, Doug Collins, Brian Pearson, Paul Doerfeld...
  19. JJ4ISU

Drake Game Crowd

There was an announced crowd of more than 14,000 at the game (tickets sold), but I would say there was more like 9,000. Why didn't people show up? Besides Cyclone Alley, there were very few students there. Overall, the crowd was weak until late in the game, and then it was too late. There were...
  20. JJ4ISU

Mac McCausland

I am from Central Iowa, but spent T-Giving weekend in the Cedar Rapids area. One of the news stations did a one-on-one interview with Mac McCausland Friday night, I believe. They asked him about Steve Alford (paraphrasing): "Great young coaching mind who has turned the corner with the Iowa...