Iowa Football Recruiting

khawk4

Jun 23, 2014
Silly fights. Iowa plays different schemes that Iowa State does. Because one university evaluated and passed on a player does not mean the player won't be a quality player for another team's scheme. That goes both ways, ISU with Foster and Iowa with Martin. I mean how many teams passed on Kelechi Osemele and AJ Klein. I'd say it didn't really make a whole lot of difference. I am sure you can list off plenty of examples for Iowa over the years as well.

Anyway, neither Foster or Martin have played a snap in college so to say that both are going to be a slam dunk is incredibly stupid. If you want to have a ding dong sword fight over how much better Iowa is than ISU, idk that arguing over two unproven recruits is exactly the way to do it.

Edit: Also I don't believe that Tom Manning runs CollegeFootballScoop.com so I wouldn't call the Oline coach of the year thing self-proclaimed. Feel free to argue the validity of the site all you want but I'm pretty positive Manning didn't just go making that up for pats on the back.

What I took issue with is silly Cytwins running around saying ISU has the best oline coach in the country, which isnt true. He won the award for best oline coach last year, but winning a yearly award doesnt mean youre the best. Good, yes. THE best? Hardly. Ferentz won a ton of COY awards last year, and Sweeney won the AP COY. Does that make them the two best coaches in college football? Of course not.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneAlum08

CyNerd

Jul 2, 2014
Not attacking you or anything, just a critique of the 'self-proclaimed'. For all we know he (Manning) may think the thing is stupid and never mentions it to recruits.

And yes these awards largely don't mean a whole lot. I mean look at the AP COY in 2007 and have a laugh.

• Agree
Reactions: khawk4

unclejoe

Jun 7, 2016
Silly fights. Iowa plays different schemes that Iowa State does. Because one university evaluated and passed on a player does not mean the player won't be a quality player for another team's scheme. That goes both ways, ISU with Foster and Iowa with Martin. I mean how many teams passed on Kelechi Osemele and AJ Klein. I'd say it didn't really make a whole lot of difference. I am sure you can list off plenty of examples for Iowa over the years as well.

Anyway, neither Foster or Martin have played a snap in college so to say that both are going to be a slam dunk is incredibly stupid. If you want to have a ding dong sword fight over how much better Iowa is than ISU, idk that arguing over two unproven recruits is exactly the way to do it.

Edit: Also I don't believe that Tom Manning runs FootballScoop.com so I wouldn't call the Oline coach of the year thing self-proclaimed. Feel free to argue the validity of the site all you want but I'm pretty positive Manning didn't just go making that up for pats on the back.

It's probably the same person who runs the cyclone football twitter and awarded campbell 5 national titles, 10 conference titles, and 173 total victories.
http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2015/12/23/10660128/iowa-state-matt-campbell-tweet-lies

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Back to your default. Change football discussion to basketball.
Change CyTwins. Change now.

Whatever you say Dan. But seriously, are you ever going to answer that statement about Williams and Bohannon or do I just need to keep asking until you get a new username?

• Creative
Reactions: CloneAlum08

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Kinda like Foster and Vance, huh?

Also, Calloway is done taking visits, and he's had offers from everywhere for a while. The texas schools, the sec schools, theyve all offered, and hes checked them out. He isnt going anywhere. Same with Eno and Epenesa. I love how youre so confident in Iowa getting decommits, yet all the big fish in the class have come out and said theyre done taking visits. Also, you seem pretty confident that ISU will move up in the rankings and not lose anyone, yet youve already lost a O lineman, which is hilarious, because your self proclaimed best o line coach in the country couldnt keep him committed, and you have another good recruit still wanting to take visits.

Im not blind- Campbell is doing some nice things in the recruiting world, and is getting kids that normally dont even know where Ames is to at least consider coming to ISU, but my god, you live in la la land.

Calloway will decommit for sure. Epenesa probably not because of his dad and Eno I'll put at 50/50. Everything's rosy now but a couple bad losses and the fan base will turn on Ferentz and recruits will take notice

khawk4

Jun 23, 2014
Not attacking you or anything, just a critique of the 'self-proclaimed'. For all we know he (Manning) may think the thing is stupid and never mentions it to recruits.

And yes these awards largely don't mean a whole lot. I mean look at the AP COY in 2007 and have a laugh.

Ha! Got ya. The "self-proclaimed" thing was aimed at Cytwins, not Manning himself. Hahha Mangino... that was is almost, ALMOST as bad as Lickliter winning a national COY award his last year at Butler.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Ha! Got ya. The "self-proclaimed" thing was aimed at Cytwins, not Manning himself. Hahha Mangino... that was is almost, ALMOST as bad as Lickliter winning a national COY award his last year at Butler.

Manning is the reigning National OL coach of the year so right now he's considered the best. Don't hate on me hate on footballscoop

khawk4

Jun 23, 2014
Calloway will decommit for sure. Epenesa probably not because of his dad and Eno I'll put at 50/50. Everything's rosy now but a couple bad losses and the fan base will turn on Ferentz and recruits will take notice

I literally just read an article, this morning, from his head coach. Also read an article from Chevin himself, both said the same thing: visits are done. He's checked out every school he's needed to, he's done. Same exact situation with Eno. Its a paid article on another site, or else I would link them. Not that it would matter to you, because you dont live in reality. See, when your team puts multiple people in the NFL at a certain position, take notice. When you have an AP all american at the same position as a highly regarded recruit, kids take notice. Id be more concerned about your oline guru hanging on to mediocre o-lineman, if I were you.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I literally just read an article, this morning, from his head coach. Also read an article from Chevin himself, both said the same thing: visits are done. He's checked out every school he's needed to, he's done. Same exact situation with Eno. Its a paid article on another site, or else I would link them. Not that it would matter to you, because you dont live in reality. See, when your team puts multiple people in the NFL at a certain position, take notice. When you have an AP all american at the same position as a highly regarded recruit, kids take notice. Id be more concerned about your oline guru hanging on to mediocre o-lineman, if I were you.

Yeah usually recruits commit and tell the school's fan site reporters they are going to visit other schools. Lol

khawk4

Jun 23, 2014
Manning is the reigning National OL coach of the year so right now he's considered the best. Don't hate on me hate on footballscoop

Haha he had the best year, in their eyes. So no, he is not considered "the best". Again- is he a good, at worst, oline coach? Absolutely. The best? yeah...

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Haha, of course. Also weird that the two best OL recruits in the state decided against the reigning OL coach of the year. Silly kids.

Manning is the best OL coach in the country but he can't control how those kids were raised. They grew up Hawk fans. If Iowa had the best WR coach in the country Lazard still wasn't going to go there.

khawk4

Jun 23, 2014

Do you want me to let you in on a little secret? Ok, here it is- Higdon didnt have a Michigan offer until the 11th hour, and he jumped on it. Good for him. Chevin has had offers from every single place in the country for a long time now. What does that mean? It means he knows he can go anywhere. There isnt a team out there that hasnt offered that he would jump at, because everyone has. Higdon didnt, as evidence by his offer list. In fact, that article I mentioned above from his coach referenced a talk the Iowa coaches had with him. He said Iowa was slowing down on recruiting him bc they saw his offer list and figured it would have been a real long shot in landing him. It wasnt until his hs coach called Iowa and said Chevin is very interested in Iowa that they ramped up recruiting, and eventually got him.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron