Trip to Chicago

Cloner97

Apr 11, 2006
McDonald's headquarters are in Chicago. You can't go wrong with a Quarter Pounder. Also, there is a Starbucks on Michigan Avenue if you like Coffee.

Reactions: Phaedrus

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Do you have any more information about the boat tour?

Just make sure the Dave Matthews' Band isn't scheduled to be in Chicago on the particular day you plan on doing your river tour of Chicago...

Otherwise do an architectural tour of Chicago, see the Museum of Science and Industry, and eat at Bubba Gump's (at the foot of Navy Pier).

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
Here's something my brother and I put together for several different friends that go on trips to Chicago... ENJOY!

Great suggestions. Two of my favorites that I would add are the Zebra Lounge (say hi to Tommy the Piano Player) and Hangge Uppe, my usual double-whammy for a Saturday night. The Hangge Uppe doesn't really get going until past 10, but is always an awesome time!

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
Definitely go to the top of the hancock building at night and have a cocktail. The bar has floor to ceiling windows and the view of the city is very cool. Oh and prepare to pay ten dollars for a beer fourteen for a glass of wine or five dollars for a bottled water.

Taking the regular tour to the top of the Hancock costs at least $10, so just look at it as you're one floor higher and get a free drink!

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
McDonald's headquarters are in Chicago. You can't go wrong with a Quarter Pounder. Also, there is a Starbucks on Michigan Avenue if you like Coffee.

Get yourself a slice of real Chicago pizza too.

300_124156.jpg

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
Go to Aurora and visit Stan Mikita's donuts :jimlad:

When I lived in Wrigleyville, a friend flew in to visit me and made me drive him to Aurora because he wanted to visit the home of Wayne's World. I'm still mad at him for wasting a perfectly good day.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
I'd make a point of going to Chicago's small Chinatown. Stop by a Chinese bakery, and order one of everything.

If you're there on a Sunday morning/noon, grab some dim sum at the walk up restaurant 3 blocks on the main drag on the east side (forget the name, but it's a walk up and easy to find.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I think Portillo's is overrated. I heard all of these good things about them, then was severely disappointed. Plus, didn't they get in some trouble with the health board a year or two back?

I wasn't much of a fan of they boat/architecture ride, either. It was cool at first, but went on WAY too long.

One of my favorite things in Chicago was to go to Shedd Aquarium. I'm an animal nut, so I loved that, and the dolphin show was great, and included with admission.

My number one place to eat in Chicago is Smoques. Every other brisket that I eat for the rest of my life will be poorly compared to Smoques. Excellent ribs, too. It's on Pulaski, which is a ways from Michigan though. It's been awhile, but I think you can take Michigan all the way to Pulaski, then take a right on Pulaski. Just make sure you go in the afternoon, and leave before it gets dark. After lunch at Smoques, Wrigley Field is just a few miles down the road as well. I believe Addison is only about a block from there. Any sports fan has GOT to see Wrigley Field at some point in their life!

isugcs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 21, 2007
Waverly
WOW, thanks for all the advice everyone. Who knew CF would have so many people familiar with Chicago... I would.. that's right. Thanks again.