I almost got hit by an old man! Section N

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
So, towards the beginning of the game (late 1st quarter, early 2nd) I was standing during some of the 3rd downs. Not just because they were 3rd downs, but at that time I was a little uncomfortable. Anyway.... I hear someone yell, "Sit down!" So, I turn around to see who this guy is yelling at (seriously not knowing it was me). I turned back around after not really noticing anything. Then, I hear, "Don't you dare look at me like that!"

At this point, I'm thinking to myself... he is actually talking to me!?! So, I turned back around and said, "This is a football game. I can stand if I want to." He was around 4 rows behind me and he grabbed his program and STARTED COMING DOWN THE ROWS AT ME!

I was so dumbfounded that all I could come up with to yell at him is, "I will call the police!"

Then, my section started in on this guy. This guy behind the older man yelled at him, "She can stand if she wants to!" and seriously got into a yelling match with this old man. Other people were yelling things at him to. Finally, the old man settled down. This was mostly because the younger guy behind him was seriously going to kick his butt.

In the tailgate lot after the game, in the dark, fans in our section came up to me and said they couldn't believe that that guy yelled at me and then came after me. I told them I was a little embarrassed because I seriously was dumbfounded and didn't know what to do/say.

Crazy! (Oh, and Jeff was wasted and talking to the people sitting next to us. He had no idea what was going on until the end of the whole drama. Good think my peeps in Section N were sticking up for me. :notworthy:)

Reactions: Drive4cy

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
I've had blue-hairs yell at me before too. F 'em. It's a football game - that's just the way it is.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Better watch out, those programs can hurt .:smile: Sounds like that guy is in for a long season; any bets he doesn't sit there anymore?

nestor2312

Apr 12, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
I'm in section N and saw the whole thing go down. That guy needs to get a life. Stand the whole game and cheer for State, Section N has got your back.

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
I'm in row 11 seats in the 30s toward the 45ish yard line.

I wonder what would have happened if the old man had hit me with his program? Headlines - "Old man hits woman at ISU game and Section N beats him down"

Ha! It all went down in less than a few minutes. So, if you weren't right behind us you probably wouldn't have noticed it.

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Where in section N are you guys, just wondering as my parents have seats there and might make to a few games when back from college.

mizouse87

Aug 3, 2006
Des Moines
We are in row 16 with seats in the lower 20's. so you're down and to the right of us. I kinda wish I would have seen this go down (and also known the old guy was picking on a fellow CF'er! Kick that guys butt!!

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Oh and the sad part is there were like 10 seats next to him that he could have "scooted" over and because I was the only one standing he could have seen just fine.

AND - he was not too old that he couldn't have stood as well for the few minutes I was standing.

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
My back hurt and I didn't want to stand. You are lucky my geriatrics doctor called me back to my seat or you were going to receive quite the licking from my program.:wink:

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
There were some old people behind us that weren't happy that we were standing for over 3/4 of the game. I sat down around half way through the 4th because I got guilted into sitting. There were a lot more older fans in our sec (20) this year probably moved out because didn't want to pay for their old seats closer to mid field.

im4iast8

Mar 25, 2008
Ames
forgive me if im the only person that finds this amusing! i no its messed up and everything, but if i woulda seen this i pry woulda been rolling on the ground from laughing so hard!!..... after i made sure you were alright ofcourse :)

Cydole

Jun 27, 2006
Ames
I'm in Section N row 11 too. Maybe bring the guy a periscope next week and see if he thinks its funny

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I'd kinda like to know how old was this "old" man. Was he a shriveled up geriatric who needed to empty his Depends® or just some jerk who was older than you.

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
FYI - This was not the section that the sheriff came up to! Or at least not the same part of the section. We are closer to the 50 yard line on the North side of section N.

I just said I would call the police... I didn't actually call the police. Section N policed him for me!

Help Support Us

Become a patron