Podcasts complaint

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
This is my last thing I will say on this matter. The way I talk on podcasts is how I talk in real life. I say "what's up guys" or "hey dude" to everyone I meet. It doesn't matter if it is my girlfriend, my friend, CW, my Mom or the lady working the McDonalds window. That's just me.

I bet if I talked to any of you in real life I'd say the same thing when you shook my hand.

One of the reasons I like working for CW is he isn't going to make you act like something you're not. I'm going to be professional. I'm going to bring you guys the best product I can, but I'm going to do it my way and do it as me, until I'm told not to.

Plain and simple.

I’d like to be pimps from Oakland or cowboys from Arizona but it’s not Halloween. Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.

Reactions: Tailg8er

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Oh good ol' first 1st world problems...
You want to see 1st world problems to a T? I was watching TV with my girlfriend the other day and she turned on Keeping Up with the Kardashians. I was literally laughing at the **** the happens on that show, it is the embodiment of 1st World Problems, and everything is cried about and or bitched about. Sorry, I digress, but I couldn't help but constantly think 1st world problems the entire time watching that show, and this reminded me of it.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I know you are catching it but I haven't listened to a podcast in a long time. Maybe they are better now but especially the ones with Mark Charter were brutal. It was like a flashback to junior high.

Okay so I get the disclaimer about "off-topic" on anything (not just cf pods) but it really makes it seem like the people that get to talk don't really want to talk sports and that "off-topic" is what they really want to do. That puts me off.

And I know the lines "well we just get so tired of talking ISU sports we need to do off-topic" or "don't you get bored with the constant ISU sports stuff?" And my answer is, no, no I don't.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
No complaints here on podcasts. I'm just happy to have them and so many of them at that. We are light years ahead of where we were even 5 years ago in Cyclone coverage. I'm also a pretty informal guy with everything myself and appreciate there being a more informal outlet out there as an option as well. There is plenty of the other side of the spectrum out there as well. I get its not for everyone, but you guys are welcome to run your free site however you want to in my mind. Also, for those people who can't stand things like the Fawcast or Charter, that is fine too. There is plenty of other podcasts that are more informative as well. Personally, the Fawcast is my favorite podcast because it offers me something different.

With all this said, if you really just can't get over the informal tone, the good news is there is other outlets outside of CF out there if you are interested. For instance, my guess is you would really love the Cyclone Scoop podcast that gets put out once a week on Soundcloud. The two guys there do an excellent job, just like the CF guys do, but probably in a way that may fit you better. Truthfully, it is probably my second favorite podcast out there right now.

In the end, CF can't be all things to everyone. People need to just realize that, and until their website starts struggling, I'd say they should just stick with what is working and I'd say what they have right now seems to be working well for them. I at least love what is getting put out there by you guys.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: srjclone

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
If you're going to complain, do it about something legit, like the sound being so quiet. I listen to everything on my computer at sound 20 and for most of CF's podcasts I need to turn it up to 100.

Edit: I want to add that I love all the podcasts and appreciate all the work that CF does for us fans. The volume thing certainly isn't a deal-breaker, just a mild inconvenience.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I have to admit, I get a chuckle out of millenials and their eternal "What's up?"--and never expecting a response--but if that's Jared, that's Jared.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Okay so I get the disclaimer about "off-topic" on anything (not just cf pods) but it really makes it seem like the people that get to talk don't really want to talk sports and that "off-topic" is what they really want to do. That puts me off.

And I know the lines "well we just get so tired of talking ISU sports we need to do off-topic" or "don't you get bored with the constant ISU sports stuff?" And my answer is, no, no I don't.

This is why we have multiple podcasts for different types of people. The saying goes, "you can't please everyone."

Well, through posting five podcasts a week, at Cyclone Fanatic we actually try to do that - for free.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
I've listened to a lot of voices in major markets and CW is right up there (or above) much of the on air talent that I hear. Jared is pretty good for a guy who just graduated a few months ago. Keep working on your craft guys, your product is appreciated.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
This is why we have multiple podcasts for different types of people. The saying goes, "you can't please everyone."

Well, through posting five podcasts a week, at Cyclone Fanatic we actually try to do that - for free.

Thank you Chris for all your hard work! I very much enjoy listening to the podcasts here at work.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley

Do you want a cookie for it?!?!

No seriously, do you? I can bring one to you on Saturday.