****Official Class of 2017 Recruiting Thread****

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
From the video (which isn't a ton) I've seen he doesn't look like a p5 level athlete, he plays slow, not an explosive athlete

Doesn't matter if he can produce.

he plays against small school competition

Pretty sure he was dropping 30+ on some of the best competition in the country this summer.

he's had off the court issues

Couldn't give a **** less about that.

We're also talking about a kid who has only played half of a season who HS bball/weight program

And yet he's proven capable of producing at a high level, this seems like a strong reason to be high on him.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
If we land McNeill plus either White or Allen to go with Lewis and Feazell, then we are in for a very good class.

Hypothetically if we were able to get Wigginton, then it would be one of ISU's strongest HS classes ever.

If you add in an aggressive scorer like Cole-Johnson, it's even better.

Then the only need for next year would be to look for another perimeter shooter grad transfer.

• Funny
Reactions: IASTATE07

Cynonymous

Aug 14, 2015
From the video (which isn't a ton) I've seen he doesn't look like a p5 level athlete, he plays slow, not an explosive athlete, he plays against small school competition and he's had off the court issues. We're also talking about a kid who has only played half of a season who HS bball/weight program etc.., so he will improve and has some upside but I think he still has a ways to go. Im not saying I wouldn't take him, I just think there are guys with less risk.

That was my thought as well. Allen may be ahead of White right now, but White may have more upside.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I'm not sold on Allen, I think Sims has more athleticism and a better all around game, while, Allen is def the better scorer. I do like that we are showing some interest in the Omaha area, they have 3 kids that will play major college bball next year.

I think it's between Allen and White now instead of Allen and Sims

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
From the video (which isn't a ton) I've seen he doesn't look like a p5 level athlete, he plays slow, not an explosive athlete

Doesn't matter if he can produce.

he plays against small school competition

Pretty sure he was dropping 30+ on some of the best competition in the country this summer.

he's had off the court issues

Couldn't give a **** less about that.

We're also talking about a kid who has only played half of a season who HS bball/weight program

And yet he's proven capable of producing at a high level, this seems like a strong reason to be high on him.
Are we talking about Teddy Allen? Isn't he the guy that was dropping 25-30 a game in New Mexico or Arizona as a sophomore before going to Omaha to get his grades in order? He's been playing ball for more than half a year.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
I have wanted Teddy Allen since his name was first brought up.

His video reminds me quite a bit of George's HS clips, including Allen needing to lose some baby fat. Doesn't LOOK like a superior athlete, but seems to have a high skill level and good balance.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyke and MartinCy

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
ISU is in Aamir's top 6, though I think Pitt is the considered the favorite at this point. I would assume the staff will try to get him on campus before he visits PITT.

@BLUEChip_Miller Blue Ridge School (VA) 2017 four-star wing Aamir Simms (@EarlShmitty_) will officially visit Pittsburgh starting October 8th, per @PittGuru.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Sexton announces he goes to Kansas in Oct. for a visit. BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (just a little boo for the KU faithful - lol) I think its time I root for what his present Crystal Ball says....Alabama. Been following his recruitment and summer results for quite a while. Really would hate to see him in a Jayhawk uniform :(

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Sexton announces he goes to Kansas in Oct. for a visit. BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (just a little boo for the KU faithful - lol) I think its time I root for what his present Crystal Ball says....Alabama. Been following his recruitment and summer results for quite a while. Really would hate to see him in a Jayhawk uniform :(
Why would you route for him to go to Alabama instead of, I don't know, Iowa State? Last I heard we are still on his most current list.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Why would you route for him to go to Alabama instead of, I don't know, Iowa State? Last I heard we are still on his most current list.

Well, duh, that was kinda 'tongue-in-cheek' because of not wanting him at KU. Of course, I'd rather him with ISU, but in recent write-ups on here from our CF writers, about where our recruiting is, he hasn't been mentioned.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Kansas already got Marcus Garrett. I'm sure Self is pitching they can play two PG's like they do now with Mason and Graham