Cowherd at it again

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
He's an idiot that's got you talking about him.

Oh no doubt. But by the same token, he's said many times he doesn't talk about teams/programs that aren't interesting. Even referenced Iowa St. saying he doesn't care if Iowa St. football goes 12-0 he's not talking about them because nobody cares. I guess it's safe to say he finds Iowa football very, very interesting.

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
Oh no doubt. But by the same token, he's said many times he doesn't talk about teams/programs that aren't interesting. Even referenced Iowa St. saying he doesn't care if Iowa St. football goes 12-0 he's not talking about them because nobody cares. I guess it's safe to say he finds Iowa football very, very interesting.
Or, maybe he is branching out to try comedy, and Iowa makes a pretty good punch line.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa

He said that he wouldn't talk about Iowa State by bringing up how he wouldn't talk about Iowa State? Quality.

Reactions: GTO and Bubbahotep

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
2016 schedule.

Iowa plays at HOME

Nebraska
Michigan
Northwestern
Wisconsin
------------------
On the road

Minnesota
Purdue
Illinois
Rutgers

truly astounding.
While Iowa's road schedule is horrid - their home schedule is good - throw in NDSU and ISU that's a good home schedule for the ticket holder.

Reactions: breck53

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
This thread is so much fun right now. I cant wait for ISU to walk into Kinnick and beat their breaks off and hear more Super Bowl talk.

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
2016 schedule.

Iowa plays at HOME

Nebraska
Michigan
Northwestern
Wisconsin
------------------
On the road

Minnesota
Purdue
Illinois
Rutgers

truly astounding.

Amazing their schedule does not include Ohio State, Michigan State, or Penn State.

I heard over the next 4 years Oklahoma will play Ohio State or Michigan State (can't remember which) more than Iowa will play them.

Amazing.

AltHawk

Sep 2, 2012
Amazing their schedule does not include Ohio State, Michigan State, or Penn State.

I heard over the next 4 years Oklahoma will play Ohio State or Michigan State (can't remember which) more than Iowa will play them.

Amazing.

Iowa plays at Penn State this year.

breck53

Aug 29, 2008

Amazing.
Talk to Big Ten office in charge of scheduling. Would be curious to see how they flip a coin there

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011

Amazing.
Iowa actually does play at Penn State this year. Not sure why Beach missed that game.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
While Iowa's road schedule is horrid - their home schedule is good - throw in NDSU and ISU that's a good home schedule for the ticket holder.

Indeed. Good home schedule for the ticket holder--light years better than last yr.

The point is Iowa has to be the luckiest power 5 team around. Plays the better teams at home and they can play all their creampuffs on the road.

~ I read the print edition of the CR Gazette Sunday this AM and their big Iowa fb preview. Good stuff if you're a Hawk fan. It included several stories about 2016 prospects for the season, players, last year's record, opponents, last year's results--everything, except the Rose Bowl.

Out of 10,000 words written, absolutely ziltch on Stanford, or the Rose Bowl. It's as if the Rose Bowl game never happened! !!

And you wonder why the Hawk fans are the way they are. Selective memories. Oh, and ISU has never beaten Iowa either

ICHawk24

Sep 8, 2010
The point is Iowa has to be the luckiest power 5 team around. Plays the better teams at home and they can play all their creampuffs on the road.

Last year, Iowa beat ranked Wisconsin and Northwestern on the road, both teams that ended up winning 10 games. ISU fans gave Iowa no credit for those wins, while ISU collected their annual 3 wins.

Out of 10,000 words written, absolutely ziltch on Stanford, or the Rose Bowl. It's as if the Rose Bowl game never happened! !!

Why would a preview of 2016 talk a lot about last year's Rose Bowl appearance> Do you want the ISU preview to focus on Rhodes leading ISU to 8 wins over 3 years?

Oh, and ISU has never beaten Iowa either

Actually, you've won 5 of the last 13. Kudos.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Last year, Iowa beat ranked Wisconsin and Northwestern on the road, both teams that ended up winning 10 games. ISU fans gave Iowa no credit for those wins, while ISU collected their annual 3 wins.

Why would a preview of 2016 talk a lot about last year's Rose Bowl appearance> Do you want the ISU preview to focus on Rhodes leading ISU to 8 wins over 3 years?

Actually, you've won 5 of the last 13. Kudos.

Iowa fans literally said all season long how Stanford was overrated because they lost to Northwestern and now all of a sudden Northwestern was good last year?

• Winner
Reactions: carvers4math

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Last year, Iowa beat ranked Wisconsin and Northwestern on the road, both teams that ended up winning 10 games.
I would just like to point out, that between Wisconsin and Northwestern last year, they had 3 regular season wins against teams with a 0.500 conference record or better.

Northwestern over Stanford (the fluke win)
Northwestern over Wisconsin (one of them has to win, right?)
Northwestern over Penn State (2 point win at home against a team that finished 4-4 in conference)

Let's not pretend that Wisconsin and Northwestern were amazing last year, they benefited from crappy schedules just like Iowa.