Iowa Football Recruiting

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
giphy.gif

First username I have had here.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
So I did take the time to tally these up. These are offers being reported by Rivals. Eno, Epenesa and Calloway have a combined 68 offers from Power 5 schools, 3 of those being offers from Iowa.

All of ISU's 2017 verbal commits have a combined 44 offers from Power 5 schools, 16 of those are offers from ISU. So ISU is responsible for over 1/3 of the Power 5 offers to their entire class.

If you take out Iowa's offer, Chevin Calloway has offers from 27 Power 5 schools. ISU's entire 2017 class so far has 28 Power 5 offers other than ISU.
The Iowa City fast food industry must be giving their employees really long breaks nowadays.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
That was hilarious.

Any response to the content of my post?

It's pretty pathetic you went through another school's entire recruiting class to count up Power 5 offers. Iowa has 3 very good recruits and are #15 in the country right now which is very good for them. I'm sure one of the three will decommit but you never know. ISU is currently #35 in the country which is very good for them too.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
It's pretty pathetic you went through another school's entire recruiting class to count up Power 5 offers. Iowa has 3 very good recruits and are #15 in the country right now which is very good for them. I'm sure one of the three will decommit but you never know. ISU is currently #35 in the country which is very good for them too.

It honestly only took about 15 minutes. I didnt have to count that many for ISU so that made it go quicker.

What one of the three will decommit? AJ is a legacy and verballed in January. Eno has been Iowa's best recruiter and is working on bringing more TX players on board. Calloway said he isnt taking any visits and there is a good chance he is joined in this class by a DT that is on his high school team.

I am realistic though about where the Iowa class will finish. Because we are only going to take 20-22 commitments, Iowa will have a hard time staying in the Top 25.

ISU will be lucky to crack the Top 50, which if they do would be an incredible accomplishment for Campbell and staff considering he has only been on the job for approximately 6 months and where the program is currently at.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It honestly only took about 15 minutes. I didnt have to count that many for ISU so that made it go quicker.

What one of the three will decommit? AJ is a legacy and verballed in January. Eno has been Iowa's best recruiter and is working on bringing more TX players on board. Calloway said he isnt taking any visits and there is a good chance he is joined in this class by a DT that is on his high school team.

I am realistic though about where the Iowa class will finish. Because we are only going to take 20-22 commitments, Iowa will have a hard time staying in the Top 25.

ISU will be lucky to crack the Top 50, which if they do would be an incredible accomplishment for Campbell and staff considering he has only been on the job for approximately 6 months and where the program is currently at.

Iowa will drop a couple games in the first half of the season and the fanbase will turn on KF and things will start to get a little shaky on the recruiting trail. It's like clockwork when expectations are sky high. My guess is Calloway will probably decommit. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a Gordon like situation where he sees some stuff he doesn't like on an OV or something along those lines. IIRC Gordon said he wasn't going to take any other visits are he committed to Iowa and we all know how that turned out

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Iowa will drop a couple games in the first half of the season and the fanbase will turn on KF and things will start to get a little shaky on the recruiting trail. It's like clockwork when expectations are sky high. My guess is Calloway will probably decommit. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a Gordon like situation where he sees some stuff he doesn't like on an OV or something along those lines. IIRC Gordon said he wasn't going to take any other visits are he committed to Iowa and we all know how that turned out

Which 2 games?

Miami (OH)
ISU
NDSU
@Rutgers
Northwestern
@Minnesota

unclejoe

Jun 7, 2016

Link?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You spend way too much time discussing Iowa. This is why 'Super Bowl' is a thing and continues to be. Carry on.

Remember when you said Williams was going to transfer out because he wasn't good and Bohannon wasn't worthy of a Power 5 scholarship? Well now one of them is your starting PG

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
You spend way too much time discussing Iowa. This is why 'Super Bowl' is a thing and continues to be. Carry on.

Thanks for keeping this site free and for promoting Cyclone owned and operated businesses flourishing in the most populous and fastest growing region of the state.

unclejoe

Jun 7, 2016
Remember when you said Williams was going to transfer out because he wasn't good and Bohannon wasn't worthy of a Power 5 scholarship? Well now one of them is your starting PG

No.
Remember how you obsess over Iowa? I feel bad that anyone obsesses over a team this much that isn't their own. It's unhealthy, and sad.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
No.
Remember how you obsess over Iowa? I feel bad that anyone obsesses over a team this much that isn't their own. It's unhealthy, and sad.
Coming from the Iowa fan. On an Iowa State Forum... Yes, this is a "In-State Rivals" Thread, but that can only be your excuse for so long.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
No.

Actually you did say that Dan. You also said Georges wouldn't get drafted and Uthoff would