Coe and Irving

Captainsmoke

Aug 6, 2014
Does anybody know what happened to Rodney Coe and David Irving? Are they playing elsewhere? Would have they made much difference had they not got the boot?

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Coe is at Akron and Irving i don't know.

My season expectations would shift a bit if we had these two.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
I believe there was some talk of Coe transferring to Akron. Not sure if that panned out.

Edit: WDSM beat me to it.

Last edited:

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Does anybody know what happened to Rodney Coe and David Irving? Are they playing elsewhere? Would have they made much difference had they not got the boot?

On paper yes but who knows. If they were such terrible teammates that Jensen didn't want to play his last season next to them then I wonder what impact they had on the rest of the locker room.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Just rumors. But I have heard that as well from a co workers whose friend's brother is on the team.

Hadn't even caught a whiff of that rumor. My former source for news/rumors/gossip out of the FB, MBB & WBB has passed on, so I don't get the good stuff any more. I miss him...and not just for the juicy stuff. He was a really good dude; we were hired about the same time. :(

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
On paper yes but who knows. If they were such terrible teammates that Jensen didn't want to play his last season next to them then I wonder what impact they had on the rest of the locker room.

I think with Coe, there was issues with skipping meetings, workouts, and attitude problems.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Man, its too bad, those guys had talent.

It's like we need to get a guy like Berryman in here to talk to these guys to say don't screw up your chance.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Just rumors. But I have heard that as well from a co workers whose friend's brother is on the team.

Heard the same things. Both have talent, and in Coe's case potentially huge talent, but negatives outweighed the positives. Classic case of addition by subtraction. At least from what I have been able to garner.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN

It's like we need to get a guy like Berryman in here to talk to these guys to say don't screw up your chance.

Too soon...too soon

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012

Things like this really need a jimlad or you look stupid AND lack class.

With the jimlad at least you can remove the stupid.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
To be fair, Berryman's death was only popular on here for 1 day.

It was more popular on HN, where it was on the front page for 3-4 days.