No Excuse!

JokersWild

Mar 29, 2006
I'm for the Cyclones all the way, but to allow THIS game to be this close at the end is WRONG! Geesk. Even if we win, I don't want to hear anything about a W being a W. Dir. Sorry for the vent.

Last edited:

Cyphor

Aug 9, 2006
There is no excuse for this outrage! This is the last game we will win with Dan MaCarney as coach. I swear he is coaching for the other team!

JokersWild

Mar 29, 2006
What is the problem with the play calling? Come on Mac!!! We should have smoked this team, especially since their STARTING QB went down. Grrrrrr!!!!!

I don't want to hear anything about having to win ugly sometimes.. this is idiotic!

Bob

Apr 11, 2006
Fact of the matter is special teams almost f***ed us up again. Wow unbelievable. At least we escaped with the W. oh and through blythe the damn ball.

JokersWild

Mar 29, 2006
I heard Mac say in an interview "Well, the guys on the other side of the ball know we want to throw to Blythe too." Well.. duh! Play your best hand vs everyone elses best hand and go down swinging for cryin' out loud!!! I normally don't get this worked up, but this is pathetic!

Cyphor

Aug 9, 2006
As far as I'm concerned this season is over with. I can't stand to watch the cyclones **** game after game down there leg. Sure we won, but do you think we'll really beat Iowa or Nebraska laying giant turds such as this.

JokersWild

Mar 29, 2006
Even as mad as I am, I will always hold out hope for the best, but we should have EASILY put up 35pts on these guys. We need to score 35 a game this season to have any hope of winning, and we can't even put up more then 20 on UNLV. Geeesk!

Come on coaching staff!!! Get your heads out of your arses!!!

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN
Right now Ben Bruns is on the radio defending Coach Mac, saying that he can't think of one play that was miscalled. It was on the offense that simply didn't execute. I agree with him completely. our Offense simply didn't make the plays when we needed them to. Way to go D. Quit complaining about the coaches, this close call is not on them.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Baylor put 40 up on their game, Kstate 31, Nebraska 56, Mizz 34, A&M 51, Kansas 21, the only team we stayed close to was Colorado and we all know what they are like this year. I know ISU has the potential but they seem to not want to unlock it.

JokersWild

Mar 29, 2006
Yeah, I'm listening to Ben now also. He does have a decent point about the O making the plays.

I'm just sour right now. ha ha..

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Please tell me we are just trying out some new plays or something and not taking the game as seriously.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
As far as I'm concerned this season is over with. I can't stand to watch the cyclones **** game after game down there leg. Sure we won, but do you think we'll really beat Iowa or Nebraska laying giant turds such as this.

Go root for someone else then.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Right now Ben Bruns is on the radio defending Coach Mac, saying that he can't think of one play that was miscalled. It was on the offense that simply didn't execute. I agree with him completely. our Offense simply didn't make the plays when we needed them to. Way to go D. Quit complaining about the coaches, this close call is not on them.

Right ON! Ben is correct. The O laid and egg tonight. This wasn't coaching. This was execution.

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN
Bruns was just talking about Mac chewing out the players after a game like this one. I think he is right. This is another game to get away with a win, and make it a learning experience. Our defense played well tonight. The offense will find it's stride.

iowastateclone94

Apr 12, 2006
O stunk. Where was Blythe? Mac always has excuses. Always has, always will. We'll be lucky to win a conference game at this rate. A win is a win, but this is bad.

JokersWild

Mar 29, 2006
Yeah, I don't think the season is over by any means. BUT, I will say that we need to figure out a way to go out and execute how we're suppose to execute. I understand that your players have to make plays, but I would think the coaches serve some aspect of getting players in that "mode".

Geesk.. come on Clones!!

Oh, and what happened to the theory about teams improving the most between week 1 and week 2.

Last edited:

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
Ben Bruns is full of crap. To say this is not coaching is crap. First, it was terrible play calling, and second, poor execution is a reflection of poor coaching. Either way, the head coach is responsible, and the problem with Dan, is that he never takes responsibility. Just deflects critisism with excuses. Again, the problem with many of us on here, along with Ben, is that we get used to it and it becomes acceptable. We as fans need to stand up and no longer accept this crap. I know most will disagree, but I think we either need to start a whole game chant to fire Mac, have a mass boycott of a game, or turn our backs on the game for the 3rd and 4th quarter during the next home game. Many would say that is being a poor fan, I say it's leading to drive change that will better for the players, the school, the city of Ames, and all the fans that continue to support ISU.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron