(Politic free thread) Jack Whitver Battling Brain Cancer

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Is it cancerous? The release said brain tumor, which can be non-cancerous.
Regardless it's a serious health issue that any decent human being would not wish on anyone. Hope the outcome is one to celebrate and not one to mourn.

In 2020 lost a mother of a girl in my daughter's daycare to a brain tumor that was not detected before it was too late. The last memory I have of her was just days before she got admitted to the ER and they discovered it. She was dead maybe 2 weeks later. She asked me a question about our older kids soccer team and registration was not even open yet. She said her husband was out of town for work so maybe the lack of sleep was playing tricks. Just days later she was found in a confused state downtown after she didn't pick up her kid at daycare. After an ER visit they did a scan and found an aggressive brain tumor. After surgery then in a coma for several days she passed. So I don't find delight in people that think someone "deserves" cancer or a tumor or a health condition as their life is just as valuable as any one of ours.

Last edited:

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Regardless it's a serious health issue that any decent human being would not wish on anyone. Hope the outcome is one to celebrate and not one to mourn.

In 2020 lost a mother of a girl in my daughter's daycare to a brain tumor that was not detected before it was too late. The last memory I have of her was just days before she got admitted to the ER and they discovered it. She was dead maybe 2 weeks later. She asked me a question about our older kids soccer team and registration was not even open yet. She said her husband was out of town for work so maybe the lack of sleep was playing tricks. Just days later she was found in a confused state downtown after she didn't pick up her kid at daycare. After an ER visit they did a scan and found an aggressive brain tumor. After surgery then in a coma for several days she passed. So I don't find delight in people that think someone "deserves" cancer or a tumor or a health condition as their life is just as valuable as any one of ours.

I didn't say it wasn't serious. And I wasn't delighting in anything.

wintersmd

Jul 2, 2014
Wishing the best for him and his family.

I haven’t seen anything. There’s a big difference in outlook between benign and malignant brain tumors.
I went through surgery to remove a benign brain tumor in 2013. At the time they were not 100% sure it was benign, so a very scary situation either way. Life's priorities change on a dime when you get the news.
Lucky for me I only lost me hearing and balance on one side. The hardest part of recovery was learning how to basically walk again.
Thoughts and prays go out to Jack and his family. No one should ever wish this on anyone.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I went through surgery to remove a benign brain tumor in 2013. At the time they were not 100% sure it was benign, so a very scary situation either way. Life's priorities change on a dime when you get the news.
Lucky for me I only lost me hearing and balance on one side. The hardest part of recovery was learning how to basically walk again.
Thoughts and prays go out to Jack and his family. No one should ever wish this on anyone.

When did you realize something was wrong? Were the hearing and balance problems a warning sign or a result of the surgery?

Glad to hear you made a full recovery.

wintersmd

Jul 2, 2014
When did you realize something was wrong? Were the hearing and balance problems a warning sign or a result of the surgery?

Glad to hear you made a full recovery.
Both plus my ear felt plugged and had tingling on the left side of my face. Looking back my balance/vertigo issues really started showing up in 2012. I brushed it off as I figured I was dehydrated. That summer I was training for Ironman so I was pretty active.

It ended up being a tumor about the size of a grape on my auditory nerve.

Help Support Us

Become a patron