What to do with Coach Prohm Poll..

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

What should Pollard do with Prohm?

• Keep Prohm as coach and let him finish his contract

• Fire Prohm as head coach immediately and pay buyout

• Fire Prohm at end of season and pay buyout

Results are only viewable after voting.

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Last night showed that Dubar and Walker can play at this level. They are young, need experience, but both showed something. Dudley is such a tweener, needs weight and not sure about his shot or handle. Conditt may go down as one of the bigger regression I’ve seen. Really wish Foster could’ve played.

Snydes

May 16, 2006
Ames
The stat from last night's loss that I found most appalling was that OSU had 24 turnovers (doubling up our 12). Yet we still got boat-raced by 20+ at home against an average team down their best player. Seems pretty hard to do, assuming you believe you have a Big 12 roster.

That’ll happen when you get out rebounded by 30...

Reactions: CyBobby

4everClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Ames
Yes it took guts to hire Hoiberg. And yes Pollard was extremely lucky with how well it worked out. And yes he handled 2015 horribly. Campbell was a home run hire, but that one also feels like more luck then skill. The rest of Pollards hires were terrible and I do not want him picking the next coach.
Jamie isn’t going anywhere, so if a new coach is needed he will be the one hiring.

• Agree

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
We've answered this question 50 times in this thread. Please stop. We're probably wasting keystrokes because there is no way WSU's AD can sell Prohm to that fanbase. It'd be active revolt. He'll be here next year.
I agree with 50% of what you said. There is no way with Prohm's record in Big12 play the last 2 seasons that WSU's AD can hire Prohm and their fans have any excitement. As good as ISU was during Hoiberg's run, WSU has been a better NCAA team over a longer period.

The only way Prohm goes to WSU is as an assistant to Billy Kennedy.

Where I disagree, JP can't bring Prohm back to ISU if he wins 0-2 Big 12 games this season. If he does, I can see season basketball ticket sales around 6-8k next year.

Having to pay a few hundred $ more for football season tickets is made a lot easier by giving up basketball season tickets.

• Useful

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
This is just total BS - made up - all of it. Prohm was Pollard's hire. It was his decision. And his first choice.

If you're right then Pollard led TJ and his entire family on for a long long long time before pulling the rug out from under him and hiring Prohm. I know for a FACT from someone as close as you can get to TJ that he was told it was him. Then the pres had a **** fit and got his way.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
If you're right then Pollard led TJ and his entire family on for a long long long time before pulling the rug out from under him and hiring Prohm. I know for a FACT from someone as close as you can get to TJ that he was told it was him. Then the pres had a **** fit and got his way.

It's almost like Pollard isn't a Saint some make him out to be....

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
The play last night that says it all is Dubar is at the FT line and Prohm pulls everyone down to the defensive end to get set. Yet the missed FT gets rebounded and turned into an open 3 from the corner. The closest defender challenging the shot is Dubar, who shot the FT. That should never happen.

I saw that too and decided to turn the game off at that point.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
If it was so easy to hire the perfect coach for your team then every school would do it lol. Prohm didn’t work out, try another. He hired Fred and Campbell, he can make another good hire. Even CPR looked like a good hire until Herman left, which goes back to whoever our new BBall coach is needs to hire a good staff.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
He's implying either they're getting racked by COVID or a significant share of the roster, likely its most important contributors, quit the team. We'll see if he gives anything more than such innuendo.

I'm predicting that we ask for specifics for a few hours without receiving any, then another vague post around dinnertime (Central).

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
I'm predicting that we ask for specifics for a few hours without receiving any, then another vague post around dinnertime (Central).
Im predicting that it will come out that coach prohm has been a goldfish in disguise this whole time and the team quit cause they are goldfish haters.

But i might be wrong. My source is iffy sometimes.

Help Support Us

Become a patron