What to do with Coach Prohm Poll..

What should Pollard do with Prohm?

• Keep Prohm as coach and let him finish his contract

• Fire Prohm as head coach immediately and pay buyout

• Fire Prohm at end of season and pay buyout

Results are only viewable after voting.

cycloneshort

Jan 19, 2017
Comparing our freshman who got a lot of playing time against their freshman isnt allowed? All last season people were talking about how much better our freshman and transfers would be than the players we were losing. Our freshmen shot 25% and scored 17 pts. Theirs shot 62% and dropped 44 on us while grabbing a combined 16 rebounds and that doesn't include their best player who is also a freshman who sat out. Our entire team only grabbed 19 rebounds.

No one expected to win this game. The only hope we had for this game was to see people play who dont get to play a lot. The future of our program was on display against the future of okstate. Okstate only played 1 senior and 2 juniors out of 9 players seeing the floor. One of their juniors is a former walkon who only saw 9 minutes of play.

Okstate played horrendously sloppy and still beat us by 21 while missing their best player.

Yeah but you are looking at this game in a bubble. Everyone who played for OKstate tonight played the same spot in the rotation against Baylor this past weekend.

We had Bolton, and maybe Harris that have played meaningful minutes this year.. you throw Conditt in getting foul trouble and it's a recipe for disaster. game was close up until the last minutes. OKstate just had more guys a bit more fresh to close it out. I'm sorry but if you put any team in that situation, they're going to get their butts kicked..especially coming right off a COVID lockdown.. Like I said earlier, a worthless game to draw any conclusions from.

OKClones

Dec 12, 2019
Wait, what? You aren't giving Pollard credit for the guts it took to hire Fred Hoiberg? That's insane.

Agree it did take guts

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I thought it was pretty much confirmed that Pollard just wanted to hire TJ and Leath wanted somebody else. Leath offered Bryce Drew, who ended up taking Vanderbilt instead, and then offered it to Prohm.

I am going to blame this one on Leath -- yet another reason to dislike him.
This is just total BS - made up - all of it. Prohm was Pollard's hire. It was his decision. And his first choice.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I don't understand how anyone can take any meaningful conclusion from this game. We ran a rotation of 7 players, missing four starters, and 2 weeks of essentially no practice due to COVID issues. To use this game as an indictment on the coaching staff shows a failure to give Prohm any sort of essential wiggle room in this situation. Man this thread is toxic...

It looked like a typical ISU game this year.

Kurttr

Mar 19, 2006
Not sure how someone could not credit JP for hiring Fred and Campbell. Other FB & MBB hires haven't worked out, no question, but, overall, JP has been a huge plus for ISU. Hopefully, Campbell stays for much longer. Time to move on from Prohm - based on the huge successes (Hoiberg, Campbell), I'm not sure what JP should be looking for, but some of the names y'all throw out should get a good look (TJ, Devries, Smith)... Thought McDermott was a great hire... had no idea about Floyd, Eustachy, Prohm....anyway, have to have a change... Prohm seems like a very good guy, but the program is way off the rails. Time for a change.

• Informative
Reactions: CyBobby

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I don't understand how anyone can take any meaningful conclusion from this game. We ran a rotation of 7 players, missing four starters, and 2 weeks of essentially no practice due to COVID issues. To use this game as an indictment on the coaching staff shows a failure to give Prohm any sort of essential wiggle room in this situation. Man this thread is toxic...

With his record, he deserves no wiggle room.
We didn't see anything last night we don't normally see.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
With his record, he deserves no wiggle room.
We didn't see anything last night we don't normally see.

I don't think that anyone is saying that last night was some sort of turning point or any reason not to fire him. I think people are saying that you can't really ***** about the normal things because of the circumstances. Like it should not increase or decrease anyone's thoughts on whether he should stay or go. That's it.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I don't think that anyone is saying that last night was some sort of turning point or any reason not to fire him. I think people are saying that you can't really ***** about the normal things because of the circumstances. Like it should not increase or decrease anyone's thoughts on whether he should stay or go. That's it.

I don't believe that it did.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycl1

cycloneshort

Jan 19, 2017

Exactly what I was getting at. I'm fine with complaining about other games, but using last night as an example for bad coaching is like getting judged on handwriting with the opposite hand

Reactions: CyBobby and jsb

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Yes it took guts to hire Hoiberg. And yes Pollard was extremely lucky with how well it worked out. And yes he handled 2015 horribly. Campbell was a home run hire, but that one also feels like more luck then skill. The rest of Pollards hires were terrible and I do not want him picking the next coach.

pdxclone

Feb 7, 2007
Metropolis of Ames
I agree. They have looked like they did last night ever since Morris/Thomas/Naz/Burton finished playing. They look totally clueless. Standing around, lost on defense, no effort. Does he ever yell at his players?

The play last night that says it all is Dubar is at the FT line and Prohm pulls everyone down to the defensive end to get set. Yet the missed FT gets rebounded and turned into an open 3 from the corner. The closest defender challenging the shot is Dubar, who shot the FT. That should never happen.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Yes it took guts to hire Hoiberg. And yes Pollard was extremely lucky with how well it worked out. And yes he handled 2015 horribly. Campbell was a home run hire, but that one also feels like more luck then skill. The rest of Pollards hires were terrible and I do not want him picking the next coach.
So you think we should fire JP before we take any action against Prohm.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
The play last night that says it all is Dubar is at the FT line and Prohm pulls everyone down to the defensive end to get set. Yet the missed FT gets rebounded and turned into an open 3 from the corner. The closest defender challenging the shot is Dubar, who shot the FT. That should never happen.

That shouldn't be funny yet somehow I find it both believable and hilarious. It's past ridiculous at this point.

Lewey24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2020
Dubuque, IA
So every bad hire is completely Jamie’s fault, but every good hire is just dumb luck? Got it....

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Shhh. Ive been told that because 4 of our starters were out that we can't critique the game at all. Our big 12 players cant have any expectations put on them due to the exteme circumstances of Covid making them all forget basic fundamentals.

I jest.

Im sure all the players would have looked better playing alongside our A team, however it was a sink or swim situation, and we sank hard. Maybe expected, but would have been nice for some hope. Xavier Foster had 10 points against k state. That is the only game all season that one of the 4!!!! freshman hit double digits scoring. That is ridiculous.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Losing coaches in wrestling and gymnastics sucks, but let's face it they don't matter. All that matters is football and men's hoops. And I would say with Hoiberg and CMC Pollard has hired the best coaches in school history in both sports. I'm totally fine letting him take a shot at replacing Prohm.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Losing coaches in wrestling and gymnastics sucks, but let's face it they don't matter. All that matters is football and men's hoops. And I would say with Hoiberg and CMC Pollard has hired the best coaches in school history in both sports. I'm totally fine letting him take a shot at replacing Prohm.

If anyone thinks JP has done a bad job they need help.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron