isulive2train

Feb 24, 2009
Ciclón Nación
13cr52.jpg

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Pork is the correct answer because it's so versatile. Pork can do everything beef can, and then some.

Shellfish are top notch, as well.

I cant eat medium rare pork.....well I could, but it wouldnt be satisfying at all.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Have to go beef because it includes veal. Veal is the correct option and there isn't discussion to be had here.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
maybe not medium rare, but you can definitely do medium, and it's fantastic.

Yeah my loins (ha ha....ha ha) are around there when I cook them. But you dont get to enjoy that bloody flavor from pork like you do from red meat. As disturbing as that sounds.

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
This is a complex question. I can't make a broad statement like "beef is better than any other meat".

A great steak is better than a pork chop, but pork ribs are way better than beef ribs.

Certain cuts of fish are better than any steak I've ever had, but I can't do nearly with a fish what I can with a side of beef/pork.

Every type of farm raised poultry is kinda similar tasting, but introduce the fryer and its gods winged gift to the people.

Shellfish is wonderful, but we don't live in a good place for great shellfish.

I think I like all the meets/fish for one reason or another.

My only conclusion, f*** being a vegan. That would be terrible

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
If I were just handed a random raw meat and had to make a meal, I'd most prefer pork because there is so much you can do with it. And bacon is good, but sausage is great.

I LOVE shellfish, but there's only so much you can do with them. Same for fish. Though I bet I could eat a lot of smoked salmon before getting tired of it.

Beef is a great utilitarian meat, but the only time I think about great beef flavor is from a good medium to medium rare steak. And I'm the only one in the family that will eat a steak less than well done so I don't get that very often.

Chicken is okay and can be great, but it's easy to overcook and dry out. My wife and mother in law apparently love leather-tough chicken, because they've never made it any other way. I've gotten pretty good at moist grilled or pan fried chicken, but still occasionally end up with a dry mess. Turkey is worse than chicken.

I like game meats, but they're much harder to come by especially since I'm not a hunter. But I have had pheasant, duck, goose, venison, frogs, rabbit and squirrel.

Reactions: Doc

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
As one of the few resident females, your input on the best meat is important.

That's true. But I'm not foolish enough to answer it and either seem like a big old forum-slut, or alienate a big group of people! :) I mean, because so many people like beef over chicken.

<<<<<< My avatar

Attaboy. I was thinking of you! ;)

beef ribs >>> pork ribs

Pork has bacon going for it though.

Pork overall is a subpar meat to beef, but I can't even with your grossly inaccurate description of ribs. Ribs are the one place where pork just kicks beef's ass. ;)

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
For the record I like all of those except for rabbit. I have never had rabbit. But If I had every single type of meat cooked in front of me and I could only eat one, I would pick bacon and eat it until I passed out. For that reason I choose pork.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
1) prime rib, cooked rare
2) fresh caught wild trout (preferably cooked next to the stream they were previously swimming in
3) My mother's fried chicken

Reactions: bos