Walking Dead

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
As much as I would like Glen to be alive, I think for them to bring him back now would strain the credibility of the show to the point some people would give up.

I thought it was a stretch when he was shot and beat up by Aidan, exhausted, and covered in 2 walkers lying on the ground he was probably done. But back he comes. To do that again, multiplied by about factor of 100... you might as well reveal that he is actually Batman and has been in disguise as a teenage asian pizza delivery guy all this time.

Agree completely. If Glenn lives, squirming under the dumpster will be the new jump the shark.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
As much as I would like Glen to be alive, I think for them to bring him back now would strain the credibility of the show to the point some people would give up.

I thought it was a stretch when he was shot and beat up by Aidan, exhausted, and covered in 2 walkers lying on the ground he was probably done. But back he comes. To do that again, multiplied by about factor of 100... you might as well reveal that he is actually Batman and has been in disguise as a teenage asian pizza delivery guy all this time.
Right on! No way show about zombies would have that happen. Looses all credibility. :jimlad:

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I don't think people using the term "jump the shark" know what it represents. Glen living in this situation would be a deus ex machina.

JHudd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Plano, TX
My guess is he'll be seen again as a walker and end up "killed" by a baseball bat beating his head in.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Perhaps this has been discussed already, but per the holes in the plot, has anyone brought up the fact that since the walking dead feast on dead people, wouldn't they all 'X' each other out by eating one another?

They don't eat each other - they eat "fresh dead" - living that has just been killed, and they continue eating that fresh kill until 1. the kill has been completely eaten 2. The dead are distracted and start chasing what distracted them (and none of the dead ever seem to return to their previous meal, nor does anything seem to eat another's leftovers) 3. (assumption) the fresh kill becomes animated - this it's really not a fresh kill anymore.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I don't think people using the term "jump the shark" know what it represents. Glen living in this situation would be a deus ex machina.

fc80a7d2e493fe20aa8c3495fe4baedd.jpg

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Ok that settles it, Glenn isn't dead. Actually nothing we haven't already discussed except the filming of characters. At least others are obsessed too.

http://www.recordingreviews.com/glenn-death/

#3: He's Part of a Major Plot Twist

Glenn is part of a major plot twist that happens in The Walking Dead comics. Though the TV show does veer off from the comics to a certain extent, it is highly unlikely that they would omit Glenn from this major plot point.

Who wants to elaborate here?

Last edited by a moderator:

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

You know those two things aren't mutually exclusive. There is no reason Glen surviving that situation couldn't be considered a "jump the shark" moment depending on how it plays out.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Saw this quote from an article that interviewed show producer David Alpert a few days ago about Glen's "Death":

"I feel like, regardless of what happened to Glenn, he paid a tremendous price for having been human to Nicholas, and that, to me, from an emotional point-of-view — whether or not Glenn is alive or dead or something else — the Glenn that we knew, the one that believed in the better side of humanity, I think is dead."

So, Glenn is dead....from a certain point of view. Thanks Obi-Wan.