Walking Dead

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I dont get the hate on Beth. She was starting to show some real strength, she wasnt just the weak character we had on the farm or prison anymore when she died.

I don't get it either. She was one of the younger characters when the world turned upside down. She was gaining maturity as well.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I would have kept Daryl - but like someone else said, he's been weaker the last couple of seasons. I want the Daryl back that was chest-bumping Bob on a ledge outside a building. Next choice would have been Glenn, but that ship has sailed. Not sure which of the men I'd keep at this point. They're all too erratic.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I dont get the hate on Beth. She was starting to show some real strength, she wasnt just the weak character we had on the farm or prison anymore when she died.

Personal bias. I certainly don't speak for all women, but if I'm going to choose a man to keep, I want a strong one that isn't a loose cannon.

I see a lot of guys wanting to keep Beth because eye candy. In a survival situation, that's the very epitome of thinking with the wrong head.

I don't hate Beth. She simply hadn't come far enough for me to care about her.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Personal bias. I certainly don't speak for all women, but if I'm going to choose a man to keep, I want a strong one that isn't a loose cannon.

I see a lot of guys wanting to keep Beth because eye candy. In a survival situation, that's the very epitome of thinking with the wrong head.

I don't hate Beth. She simply hadn't come far enough for me to care about her.

Its more than eye candy for me. I thought she was stronger than she might have otherwise seemed and had potential. Wish they hadnt cut that arc off so soon.

From some interviews ive read, seems like theyre going to take that further with Jessie- her arc is going to be about her finding her own ability to protect herself and her family.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Its more than eye candy for me. I thought she was stronger than she might have otherwise seemed and had potential. Wish they hadnt cut that arc off so soon.

From some interviews ive read, seems like theyre going to take that further with Jessie- her arc is going to be about her finding her own ability to protect herself and her family.

Good - I didn't want to see her go straight to a protectionate with Rick.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Good - I didn't want to see her go straight to a protectionate with Rick.

As far as rick goes, the way they described it- Rick will be a part of that arc (as seems obvious) but will not *be* that arc, ie, it wont be all about her having a relationship with Rick.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I would have kept Daryl - but like someone else said, he's been weaker the last couple of seasons. I want the Daryl back that was chest-bumping Bob on a ledge outside a building. Next choice would have been Glenn, but that ship has sailed. Not sure which of the men I'd keep at this point. They're all too erratic.

This is a really good point I hadn't thought about. Just exactly who is or should be the alpha male right now? Certainly not Rick after his ******* Herd the Walkers plan. And if Glenn is dead, who does that leave whom you would consider stable?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
[/B]

This is a really good point I hadn't thought about. Just exactly who is or should be the alpha male right now? Certainly not Rick after his ******* Herd the Walkers plan. And if Glenn is dead, who does that leave whom you would consider stable?

Carol is the alpha (though not male) of this group at this point.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
She's a pretty girl, but not really what I would consider eye candy. Especially not the way she was done up in the show.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Aaron & Heath are both on a huge learning curve regarding the realities of life outside the walls. Both are smart & loyal...and are learning to act instead of reacting. They may grow into stronger roles, but I don't see them physically challenging Rick, Daryl or Abraham. Eugene, maybe. ;)

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX

Speaking of Beth. She's naked very soon on Masters of S e x on Showtime in the coming weeks. Masters is the series drama about Masters & Johnsons studies.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Here's your eye candy

latest

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Genetically speaking, do you want the wimpy genes or the bad-*** genes? Outside of possibly Carol, the others I mentioned could certainly assist in repopulating.

Beth learned to become a badass in that hospital. Unfortunately she got popped in the head by that ***** cop before she could show off that badassery with the group. What made her death so devastating was she was killed off right before she became useful.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I wonder if they plan to keep Judith around for good. I think Judith was kept alive in the show because Carl is growing up faster than in the comics. You need the reflection of the future to remind why good people are still fighting despite constant misery.
Then Again, the show has gone soft with multiple storylines in the comic, most of which centered around Carl, Michone and Rick.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
Series has been really good so far this year. I keep expecting a "catch your breath" episode, but they have all been rocking.

I don't think Glen is dead either (yet). It will be comically unbelievable, but I do think he manages to squirm under the dumpster while they are eating Nicholas. But someone from the original group probably does need to go this season, and Glen is probably the most likely candidate. Won't be Rick, Carl, Daryl or probably Carol. I just don't think he gets it yet.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
As much as I would like Glen to be alive, I think for them to bring him back now would strain the credibility of the show to the point some people would give up.

I thought it was a stretch when he was shot and beat up by Aidan, exhausted, and covered in 2 walkers lying on the ground he was probably done. But back he comes. To do that again, multiplied by about factor of 100... you might as well reveal that he is actually Batman and has been in disguise as a teenage asian pizza delivery guy all this time.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Perhaps this has been discussed already, but per the holes in the plot, has anyone brought up the fact that since the walking dead feast on dead people, wouldn't they all 'X' each other out by eating one another?