Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Are they 100 MM value? And you would need another to go with them or they would only have their home games for late games.

The chicken or the egg comes into play when no schools are worth b10/sec average because they aren’t in b10/SEC.

I mean I think only USC and Notre Dame are actually worth more than b10/sec projected average. Even Clemson, FSU, Miami, Oregon, UNC, UVA and Washington are not but they could be added and keep things the same while growing the footprint.

If it’s really “a school needs to bring more than 120 million a year to media rights” than this thing is only about Notre Dame. Of course that isn’t true at all. Texas would’ve been in that discussion before added but OU would not have been either.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
10-14 years is a long time to slow play
I was thinking more the lines of taking two from the PAC now and see if the moves on the ACC come quickly. UNC and UVa are obvious targets for the BiG, FSU, Clemson and Miami for the SEC. Pittsburgh and VaTech would strengthen our presence in the east. Those PAC schools are going to be their especially is we could lockdown the dream get. (Oregon and Washington) Even if they aren't available getting the best two of the other four saves us from the panic move by taking 4 when we should of taken Cincinnati and BYU last time.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I mean who needs a good negotiator when you’re not in a position of power to negotiate. Turdnado might be on to something. Hell maybe warren will throw us a bone and do it for us!
I love how he asks questions like this. Guess he better not talk about anything he isn't an "expert" in.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I was thinking more the lines of taking two from the PAC now and see if the moves on the ACC come quickly. UNC and UVa are obvious targets for the BiG, FSU, Clemson and Miami for the SEC. Pittsburgh and VaTech would strengthen our presence in the east. Those PAC schools are going to be their especially is we could lockdown the dream get. (Oregon and Washington) Even if they aren't available getting the best two of the other four saves us from the panic move by taking 4 when we should of taken Cincinnati and BYU last time.

I do see the angle of getting good football brands that get snubbed. There are enough grandfathered teams in b10/sec without football success (set up for traditional failure) that the top half of b12 is going to always be clearly better than bottom half Washington generals of that pro league.

The reality is ISU isn’t set up for historic football success either and hopefully we’re learning from this rare period what it takes to avoid generational down periods.

Reactions: ruflosn

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If Yormark isn’t working around the clock right now then **** that guy. Bob needs to be done outside of a little bit of consultation and connecting contacts. Bobby wasn’t built for this level of no holds bars.
Bobby was built to buy donuts, request coffee and dunk that donut in his coffee.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
People are nuts if they think losing the biggest names is a good thing. Which games generated the most excitement from fans?
We obviously could be in a worse position like Oregon state and Washington state, but none of this is good.

Reactions: ruflosn

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Big 12 could get agressive and go after Oregon and Washington but those schools would tell them to wait. Becuase they will try to figure out if they can survive the PAC or go to the big 10. What do they get by coming to the big 12?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Big 12 could get agressive and go after Oregon and Washington but those schools would tell them to wait. Becuase they will try to figure out if they can survive the PAC or go to the big 10. What do they get by coming to the big 12?

I think Oregon and Washington know a truth about joining Big Ten that nobody is allowed to publicly share now because they don’t want responsibility of destroying Pac…which is the truth of what those four schools and big ten are doing in reality.

They let it play out slow and then put equal blame on the 4 mountain schools and the Big 12 when really they are 100% responsible.

Reactions: Stormin

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I think Oregon and Washington know a truth about joining Big Ten that nobody is allowed to publicly share now because they don’t want responsibility of destroying Pac…which is the truth of what those four schools and big ten are doing in reality.

They let it play out slow and then put equal blame on the 4 mountain schools and the Big 12 when really they are 100% responsible.
I don’t think anyone cares about dodging blame at this point.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The new big 12 has 0 top football brands. None in the top 25. Not sure how you get west coast teams to join when they would be taking trips to Florida Ohio and West Virginia every year on 30 million dollars. Let alone Iowa Oklahoma Kansas.

Neither does remaining 8 of Pac. Ok state and byu are bigger brands/fb programs than any of them.

If we indulge the high fantasy that Washington and Oregon stay. Big whoop you have the two biggest brands but your media deals are worth less than the Big 12.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I love how he asks questions like this. Guess he better not talk about anything he isn't an "expert" in.
There was so much messed up with the post I almost didn’t respond.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Neither does remaining 8 of Pac. Ok state and byu are bigger brands/fb programs than any of them.

If we indulge the high fantasy that Washington and Oregon stay. Big whoop you have the two biggest brands but your media deals are worth less than the Big 12.
I don't think they are if they take a couple big 12 teams. Washington and Oregon going to Florida or West Virginia make no sense. Oklahoma State BYU and Texas schools going west does. If your not in the top 2 money making leagues.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
It makes more sense to invite Boise and BYU and a couple texas schools for the PAC

close-door-the-office.gif

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I don’t think anyone cares about dodging blame at this point.

B10 and SEC don’t give a **** and enjoy crushing something like Washington State.

Locally some people at Oregon and Washington might like some bull**** cover.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
There is no upper limit, so taking 2 or 4 now does not lock us out of any teams in the future.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron