Tom Manning a candidate for KU FB job

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Sources tell FootballScoop that among those invited to interview include Army coach Jeff Monken, Buffalo coach Lance Leipold, Tulane coach Willie Fritz, Eastern Michigan coach Chris Creighton and interim Kansas coach Emmett Jones.

Additionally, some high-profile coordinators are among those already to speak or scheduled to speak with Goff and what sources say are a four-person KU hiring/interview committee.

Those coordinators, per sources, of some interest to KU officials include Georgia defensive coordinator Dan Lanning, who remained with the Bulldogs this offseason after an opportunity to join Steve Sarkisian’s rebuild at the University of Texas; Texas A&M’s highly regarded Mike Elko, Iowa State offensive coordinator Tom Manning – a young, up-and-comer already with a year of NFL experience under former Colts and current Philadelphia Eagles head coach Nick Sirianni, as well as Illinois associate head coach Kevin Kane.

Full article: https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-sitting-head-coaches-top-coordinators-emerge-in-kansas-mix/

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I feel that if Manning were ready to leave, it would be wise for him to wait until after this season. Get another successful season under your belt, and you can get a lot better job.

I am sure Manning has aspirations to be a head coach, so its only expected that his name may begin to pop up in such searches.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
I'm sure at some point Manning will leave, but he's not going to miss out on this season and all it's potential, especially for the never ending dumpster fire known as KU Football. That's where careers go to die. Even the fat man who won an Orange Bowl saw his career die there.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
I feel that if Manning were ready to leave, it would be wise for him to wait until after this season. Get another successful season under your belt, and you can get a lot better job.

I am sure Manning has aspirations to be a head coach, so its only expected that his name may begin to pop up in such searches.
You don’t pass up millions of dollars.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Will they hire someone before the season? Feels awfully late to hire a new coach. Give the interim coach a chance and then hire after the season.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Forgot that was still open lol.

Whoever gets it should demand a 10 year contract, because that disaster isn't getting fixed on a normal timeline.
Yeah I would think the new guy would get at least a 6 or 7 year contract.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
You don’t pass up millions of dollars.

I think someone at his age would want to make sure it was the right job so he could have some longevity in his career. Going to KU and flaming out like other coaches could be bad news for him for the rest of his career.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Are these the same "sources" that said Matt was for sure a goner?

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
I'm sure at some point Manning will leave, but he's not going to miss out on this season and all it's potential, especially for the never ending dumpster fire known as KU Football. That's where careers go to die. Even the fat man who won an Orange Bowl saw his career die there.
No offense, but that's what they have always said about Iowa State as well. I think the main difference is Kansas does not have the fan support for football that we have had.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron