Tom Manning a candidate for KU FB job

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
while I don’t love manning (don’t hate him either) I don’t want to lose an OC right now, and I think he’s smart enough to at least wait until after this season for a better opportunity. Plus, Campbell seems to really stand up for his staff just so this kind of thing doesn’t happen at a bad time.

You can bet that if we end up in the same finishing position as last year, other teams will be trying really, really hard to poach our guys.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
while I don’t love manning (don’t hate him either) I don’t want to lose an OC right now, and I think he’s smart enough to at least wait until after this season for a better opportunity. Plus, Campbell seems to really stand up for his staff just so this kind of thing doesn’t happen at a bad time.

You can bet that if we end up in the same finishing position as last year, other teams will be trying really, really hard to poach our guys.
We need our staff intact going into next season. We could afford to lose one after that as I think 22-23 will be a big change since our starters will essentially turn over.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
How old are you? I’m just wondering your history on “Game Day” atmosphere.

Thanks in advance!

Old enough to remember throwing footballs across empty aisles in section C5 on game day. Old enough to remember that the S lots (now director level donor lots) were for student tailgates

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
There are limits to what you can do on the West Point squad. His lineman literally have to suicide weight cut at the end of a season to get back to regulation weight. It has to be a challenge.

That being said coaching kids that get recommendations from their congressman to attend an academy and those recruited to play for Les Miles is night and day different.....

Football team is different, they don't need a congressional appointment, but point is still valid on the difference.

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
Old enough to remember throwing footballs across empty aisles in section C5 on game day. Old enough to remember that the S lots (now director level donor lots) were for student tailgates

Thanks! With your statement here... it shows that things can change. You never know what could happen with KU.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Thanks! With your statement here... it shows that things can change. You never know what could happen with KU.

And they changed in a hurry. Much more recently than my tailgate memories, I remember kansas playing in the orange bowl.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron