The Fran fade

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
It’s not a bad campus, pretty compact and they have many new/remodeled buildings over the last 10 years or so. She had been set in Iowa for the last several years. The campus flipped her. Creighton had very good academics also.
Academics yes, but that location is not good.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Academics yes, but that location is not good.
I actually agree with you on this. Omaha is a fun town and has some awesome things, but as far as college towns go, no, it’s not even in the same stratosphere as Iowa City.

• Agree
Reactions: JCity

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
You think UofI has a great location being spread out so much? Have you walked around Creighton and it’s surrounding area? It isn’t as bad as are portraying it.
Yes, I lived and worked near their and was on the campus yearly. It is not great and a pretty dangerous area at night time.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Actually never been there, but I’ve been to Creighton’s and I’ve been to Iowa’s way too many times to count lol.
I get that not going to Iowa because it is super spread out. One of the reasons I chose not to attend there. Still visited and like Iowa, but the campus was not for me. ISU was about the same. I liked it, but there was just to many people in both places.

Reactions: Statefan10

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I get that not going to Iowa because it is super spread out. One of the reasons I chose not to attend there. Still visited and like Iowa, but the campus was not for me. ISU was about the same. I liked it, but there was just to many people in both places.
Me thinks you just didn’t want to go to Iowa.

• Agree
Reactions: weeterkane

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yep I’ve know a lot of people just like you. No judging here. It’s all about fit.

Reactions: CascadeClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
No, Morningside actually. Moved down to the Omaha area after graduation.
So, you don’t believe a student didnt want to attend Iowa due to their spread out campus since they are going to Creighton, which had a very compact campus; yet we are to believe you thought there were too many people at Iowa but had wanted to go? I believe both situations. Not hard to understand the reasoning behind. I’ve known several kids who went to creighton and were happy there.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
So, you don’t believe a student didnt want to attend Iowa due to their spread out campus since they are going to Creighton, which had a very compact campus; yet we are to believe you thought there were too many people at Iowa but had wanted to go? I believe both situations. Not hard to understand the reasoning behind. I’ve known several kids who went to creighton and were happy there.
The Creighton campus is not as good as Iowas. Not a college town, and is surrounded by a not so good neighborhood. Not saying Creighton is a bad college, saying it is ugly and in a bad location.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Is TJ going to land him?
No idea, probably a fairly long shot at this point. I just find it funny that Fran thinks his relational skills are good enough to the point where he can jump in and offer a highly touted prospect after several other programs have, and actually have a chance.