The Fran fade and the "awful" transfer portal

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Talked to a Iowa season ticket holder family last night. Daughter was set to go to Iowa, toured the campus and flipped to Creighton. Absolutely hated the Iowa campus.
Lol, Creighton?! that campus is in North O and is not pretty by any means. Me thinks she did not want to go to Iowa in the first place. It is not the campus. Omaha is not even close to a college town.

• Winner
Reactions: dafarmer

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Lol, Creighton?! that campus is in North O and is not pretty by any means. Me thinks she did not want to go to Iowa in the first place. It is not the campus. Omaha is not even close to a college town.
Omaha >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Iowa City

BCClone

SuperFanatic
Sep 4, 2011
North Iowa
It’s not a bad campus, pretty compact and they have many new/remodeled buildings over the last 10 years or so. She had been set in Iowa for the last several years. The campus flipped her. Creighton had very good academics also.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
It’s not a bad campus, pretty compact and they have many new/remodeled buildings over the last 10 years or so. She had been set in Iowa for the last several years. The campus flipped her. Creighton had very good academics also.
Academics yes, but that location is not good.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Academics yes, but that location is not good.
I actually agree with you on this. Omaha is a fun town and has some awesome things, but as far as college towns go, no, it’s not even in the same stratosphere as Iowa City.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
You think UofI has a great location being spread out so much? Have you walked around Creighton and it’s surrounding area? It isn’t as bad as are portraying it.
Yes, I lived and worked near their and was on the campus yearly. It is not great and a pretty dangerous area at night time.