Stub Hub tickets here, look sketchy

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Thanks for the photo...mine look like the top photo. And the ones I purchased for Wells Fargo look like the bottom. I just think the top tickets don't look legit based on all the markers they usually warn about counterfeit - 1) completely different ticket stock, 2) hologram is not in the right place, 3) where your tickets say "adult", mine say, "Imafan".

Yeah my understanding is that when you get the entire strip from allocations, the NCAA issued the bottom ones in advance for early sale. The top ones are the ones made available to the general public for venue distribution or distribution from the ncaa directly to the public. Considering IMAFAN is the NCAA ticket code for the tourney, I would venture it just means they bought from the NCAA not the venue.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Yeah my understanding is that when you get the entire strip from allocations, the NCAA issued the bottom ones in advance for early sale. The top ones are the ones made available to the general public for venue distribution or distribution from the ncaa directly to the public. Considering IMAFAN is the NCAA ticket code for the tourney, I would venture it just means they bought from the NCAA not the venue.

This is what I was thinking as well.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Mine are like everyone else's here, except instead of IMAFAN mine say "NCAAMB"

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
They're both legit, the bottom ones seem to be more common on Craigslist though. I saw the bottom kind on Craigslist and then the top kind showed up at my door and freaked me out a little.
I can only speak for the ones that I have checked on, which is the top tickets.