Starting QB

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
If Jantz plays poorly, I am hoping Richardson gets a chance. I am hoping JB never plays again. He is a lot worse than Jantz.

If Richardson were going to play, he would have played the Baylor game. BTW-This troll gets more interaction than any troll I've ever seen.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
based on?

some people thinking Rohach and Richardson are gonna come in and light up the Big 12 is ridiculous...if they were that good, why aren't they playing this year....no sense.

I never said they were going to light up the big XII, but in my opinion, they will be more successful then Barnett. And also, I've heard rumblings from sources that lead me to form my opinion.

I still say the ball should have never been taken away from Barnett in the Rutgers game and he should have taken every snap so far this year.

That said, it'll be Jantz and I'm scared as heck of KU. Don't feel good about it at all.

Oh really cause Barnett has been lighting it up this year.... No he's regressed, and it's embarrassing we dont have a capable qb this year.

Barnett got us a huge win in fort worth against tcu. He is a great qb.

Barnett is not a great QB, look at his stats....

Lay off the bottle.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Barnett had apparently regressed this season. I've watched a couple of last year's games... Almost all the same skill players were there, except Darius Reynolds, Duck Hollis, & Darius Darks.... so what's the difference?

I genuinely think the OL BADLY misses KO and Hicks. I'm not saying JB is all Big-12 or anything like that, but I think he would look a lot better next year if the O line improves.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I think all you guys that want Barnett have lost your minds. It isn't about the QB, it is about trying to score some points. This year's offense is just plan not very good, bad OL play, bad WR play, even the RBs are not playing well. Face it ISU can not run the ball worth a darn this year. If they could Barnett would be a great choice. The last thing ISU needs is a QB that can't throw on a team that can't run. He had some great numbers against TCU because one of the TCU corners was in a coma. Sort of like the OU qb ripped ISU after Watson went out. Jantz has not been good, but Barnett has looked absolutely horrible. He was throwing passes so bad the defenders had to be laughing at them.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I've heard this from somewhere but Barnett was recruited as an athlete. If that is true or not, anybody hoping he is our QB does not want success in our future. Steele is better now and our youngs hopefully will be a lot better in years to come. If not, at least we got CFH.

bdnichols2000

Dec 19, 2008
I've heard this from somewhere but Barnett was recruited as an athlete. If that is true or not, anybody hoping he is our QB does not want success in our future. Steele is better now and our youngs hopefully will be a lot better in years to come. If not, at least we got CFH.

Collin Klein was recruited as an athlete as well, and was playing wide receiver before Snyder moved him to QB. So, if you have a point here it is irrelevant.

Not sure were the love for Jantz is coming from on this board. He has played 2 good games in his career at ISU, and has been basically a disaster. Guy has a great arm, and passes the eye test as a Big 12 QB, but the fact is he's won 1 Big 12 game. I'm not sure why the guy keeps getting chances.

CRAZYGREG

Feb 29, 2008
Des Moines
Big 12 Records:

SJ: 1-6 (Only win was against the worst defense in the history of college football - He also fumbled the ball with 6 mins left while we were only up 14 to try and get Baylor back in the game)
JB: 4-4 (wins @#17TTU, #2OSU, @#13TCU)

I don't know what else there is to prove that Barnett just simply leads the team better and is the better option at QB. JB is also younger and the experience would actually do the program some good. Jantz is going to take these last two starts and their EXTREMELY valuable Big 12 experience and... and... Never play football again in a about a week's time. I really do not see the point of sticking with Jantz.

MIClone

Aug 31, 2011
Central Michigan
I hope we run, run, and run during this game, whoever is the QB. And since JB manages the run game better, I hope JB starts--or at least plays a lot.

MIClone

Aug 31, 2011
Central Michigan
Okay haters.....which i will say i am not the president of the Jantz Fanclub....but, he will have a very very good game...i guarantee it...whats the best fix for a crappy rythem offense....oh yeah its a crappy defense.....Well ISU will be playing a crappy defense and when we've played those, we've excelled....

What in the Sam hell are you talking about?!? Texas has a crappy defense and we couldn't do **** against them. Trust me, KU's defense is better than Texas'. Their offense is WAY worse than Texas', but their defense is better. If we don't put something very different on the field this week, we are going to lose.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
What in the Sam hell are you talking about?!? Texas has a crappy defense and we couldn't do **** against them. Trust me, KU's defense is better than Texas'. Their offense is WAY worse than Texas', but their defense is better. If we don't put something very different on the field this week, we are going to lose.

With all due respect, KU's defense is better than Texas'? Do you read yourself type?

MIClone

Aug 31, 2011
Central Michigan
With all due respect, KU's defense is better than Texas'? Do you read yourself type?

I do not mean to say that KUs defense is good, I'm saying that Texas' defense has been terrible all year (worse then KUs) until last week. I take it last week was your first look at Texas? Trust me, that wasn't representative of what they've done in every other game this year. Their defense has not been good.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron