Sports Page Ames

bs1984

Mar 11, 2012
Ames
Has anyone tried out Sports Page yet? I was pretty dissapointed. Stomp shower was weird.. Looks like they bought what little they had on the walls at target.. Not much ISU or local stuff.. Service was slow and messed up our order multiple times. I will probably give them one more shot since they are new, but the atmosphere just wasn't my thing.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Seemed to me they maybe rushed the opening a bit (maybe to be open for 4th of july weekend?). Our waitress messed up a few time and they ended up giving a few of our dishes for free, so wasn't all that upset. Probably try them again in a month or so, they probably get it worked out. Also, maybe they will add more ISU memorabilia over time.

Oct 14, 2007
Ames
Very sterile atmosphere. Only had an appetizer, but wasn't that impressed. I could see myself going there to watch a game with a group of people, but not a place I would choose if I was going out to eat.

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
Does it have the same owners as the Indianola and Ankeny restaurants of the same name? If so, they'll get it figured out. Have had great experiences at both the Indy and Ankeny locations when I've been back in the area.

If not...ignore this post.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Does it have the same owners as the Indianola and Ankeny restaurants of the same name? If so, they'll get it figured out. Have had great experiences at both the Indy and Ankeny locations when I've been back in the area.

If not...ignore this post.

I think the owners of the Ames location are the people that own Mineral City, Old Boston's, and Sports Page in Fort Dodge.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Can't stand the huge Hawkeye love fest at the ankeny one. Food was pretty poor. It's pretty much the only food place in ankeny I actively avoid

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Can't stand the huge Hawkeye love fest at the ankeny one. Food was pretty poor. It's pretty much the only food place in ankeny I actively avoid

Agree... Never been impressed with Sports Page.

Agreed. My wife and I went to the one in Ankeny about a year ago and sat at the bar to eat. Nothing but high school drama by the employees and the way they'd talk about customers at the tables.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I think the owners of the Ames location are the people that own Mineral City, Old Boston's, and Sports Page in Fort Dodge.
This is true. These are the 3 of the best restaurants in Fort Dodge and the owner's are close friends of my family. Give the new Ames one a little more time for them get work out the kinks. They'll get it turned around.

Jammin’

Jul 18, 2009
Ames-Mia-Atx
Really wish they had some kind of outdoor seating or semi outdoor seating environent. Maybe it wasn't possible but the building looks weird without any outdoor connections.

Hopefully their design works out well for them though. I'll stop in soon enough.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Was sports page a sporting goods store? I always thought it was more of a fan shop or a shoe store.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron