Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I noticed it was Canadian and not Canada in the meme but it's just to common to correct. I just call them Cobra Chickens or Flying Park Rats.

Hissing Poopers fits too.

In Manchester, IA along the Maquoketa walking trail they put up silhouetted cut outs of coyotes to scare off the geese.

It's kind of weird but it seems to work.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneLawman

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Oh that's right! I've spent a bit of time there or around there. Nice area.

55 year HS thingy is this September. Debating whether to go. Last time (50 year) I used it as an excuse to visit cousin in Strawberry Point and do a nostalgia drive through Backbone State Park. Drive through park was disappointing since the park is really rundown. Visit to Strawberry was better, good old burger and fries for lunch at some bar and than came outside to see a bunch of cool vintage cars gathering. Went over to chat with the couple with the black 1964 Impala which dates to my junior high days when I was car crazy. And the guys say's "Wanta take it for drive?". "You serious?" "Hands me the keys." So took a short drive around the downtown area.

Last edited:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Actually got home at a decent time today and got to cook a good meal, went with tbones, stuffed peppers, and cantaloupe.