R Mason Thomas Commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
When I was in high school, I visited ISU from several states away. Then I visited other places, some closer to home. Ultimately ISU (people, sports, culture, recreation, my major) was the measuring stick, and I’d make that choice 100 times out of 100.

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
I just now realized the R is part of his name. I kept thinking we were calling him a redshirt.

Reactions: Nothingman

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
With NIL now unofficial visits can basically be paid for by boosters. They can become basic paid unofficial visits that are pretty much the same as official visits.

• Informative
Reactions: t-noah and GoldCy

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
Maybe our fanbase has to get used to other schools chasing our recruits/commits. While we have had a few (Lazard/Purdy comes to mind) it has been unusual in the past for other :oops: "blue blood" programs to chase after our commits. As we increase the perceived level of recruits, bound to happen more often. Pretty sure this happens frequently with "blue bloods".

• Agree
Reactions: ISUcyclones11

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
I might be misremembering the details, but pretty sure when McDonald committed, CMC made him think about it for a week because he knew a bunch of big-name schools would be after him in the following months.

• Informative
Reactions: t-noah

BigM

Mar 2, 2007
Amesterdam
Maybe our fanbase has to get used to other schools chasing our recruits/commits. While we have had a few (Lazard/Purdy comes to mind) it has been unusual in the past for other :oops: "blue blood" programs to chase after our commits. As we increase the perceived level of recruits, bound to happen more often. Pretty sure this happens frequently with "blue bloods".

Georgia made a run at TJ Tampa too if I am not mistaken

• Agree
Reactions: MyNameEhJeff

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

As we get better recruits, it's bound to happen. It's not really new, it's always been the case that if ISU gets in early on a guy and he then starts getting a boost other schools are going to come after him. But I wouldn't say there's been a ton of those guys - Kam White was one of the few of the Rhoads era.

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA

Yes. The blue bloods flip each other's recruits all the time. We have also flipped recruits from other's in our tier recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron