R Mason Thomas Commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
You never know what we can do here, but it seems like this kid isn’t exactly genuine about wanting to come here.

Easy to forget plenty of kids ranking are no shoe in to even pan out. We could be getting upset all for nothing

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
The older I get the older I do not care about recruiting. Just let me know who signs and shows up. Then I'll do my research on if I like that signing or not.

I care about it, and enjoy the process, but I don't count anything as a done deal until the paperwork has been signed.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
That is why our staff shouldn't have helped Venables and teach him our defense a couple of years ago. Look how he is paying Heacock back, steeling our best recruit. Nice.

Every coaching staff does this every summer.

You can either work together, pick each others brains about weaknesses/improvements or have someone just steal it from game film and get nothing in return.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
This crap is getting tired. Feeding 18 year old kid's egos before they even step on campus. Gag me with a pineapple.
Makes you understand why so many coaches hate the recruiting aspect. Then once you get them on campus, you have to de-recruit them so they realize they're just one of 95 other scholarship players on the team.

Reactions: isutrevman

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
That is why our staff shouldn't have helped Venables and teach him our defense a couple of years ago. Look how he is paying Heacock back, steeling our best recruit. Nice.

Not sure if you are being serious, sarcastic or stupid. Coaching is a nomadic life and there is a constant process of borrowing philosophies from other coaches. Heck, just lucky Clemson didn't hire Heacock or half our defensive staff. They sure could have waived some series coin at ISU coaches.

Aren't a ton of secrets with every play on tape and ton of analysts on every football staff.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Every coaching staff does this every summer.

You can either work together, pick each others brains about weaknesses/improvements or have someone just steal it from game film and get nothing in return.
Yes and coaches understand that they can be fired anytime. The better the network you have, the higher chance you won't be unemployed for long and/or you get offer to join bigger programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.