People need to Prepare

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Consistency is his problem right now plus he still has yet to be that big banger down low that you can throw it into and never have a doubt he's going to get a basket out of it like Fizer was his last season. He has the potential to do that but his love for the outside shot hinders that sometimes. 10 of our 19 games he hasn't even shot 50% from the field and that includes some real bad nights like:

4 for 12 against Hawaii
5 for 12 against Oregon State
4 for 9 against Drake
2 for 12 against Iowa
5 for 12 against South Dakota State
2 for 6 against Southern Illinois Edwardsville
8 for 22 against Texas
4 for 11 against Mizzou

His rebounding has become a lot better, he still has some work to do on defense but I think if he stays at least 1 more season he could work his way into the lottery. Still a lot of games left but I see him a borderline 1st rounder at best right now unless he just completely tears it up from here on out.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I don't see declaring after this year being a viable option for Brackins, but I've been wrong before

He's way too inconsistent, got schooled by Cy Tate at Iowa, couldn't dominate against SDSU, etc etc.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
The main reason I really think Craig helped himself tonight is he scored almost all of his points in the mid range and outside. In the NBA he is NOT going to be an inside player. KU took the inside away for the most part and he made up for it with the mid range game. That will be huge at the next level...

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Frankly, if Brackins is going to be a sure fire lottery pick then he would be a fool to not enter the draft. If that were to happen, you really could not hold that against McDermott.

In fact, I believe that a coach in McDermott's position should not be trying to "talk Brackins into staying". Rather, he should be helping him make a solid decision for himself. That would mean helping him access as much information as possible to find out exactly where he would go.

If the lottery is a lock then a coach has to think of the financial best interest of the kid. If the kid is borderline lottery that is the tough one...and one where the quality coaches help the player get as much info as possible to make a good decision. If the kid is not a lottery pick then the coach also has to make sure they are helping the kid with sound info that lets him know that.

Rarely have I agreed with every word you've said..

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
I said this in another post but if he does go pro then GMAC has that in his bag when he recruits other bigs. The big knock on ISU is we dont have any reasons to come here. If he goes and if he goes early that is one less negative recruiting tool used against us. I dont think he is ready but I see a win/win if he does.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
A team can draft him, build him the way they want. He has a lot of untapped potential. Money talks.

If there is one guarantee in this world, it's that Karma will take every opportunity to crap on ISU. Don't be shocked when CB and Gilstrap go pro this spring and Colvin and DG quit basketball to follow their dreams of playing pro chess. I'd put money on it. God hates us.

This is funny. I was thinking the same thing last night. CB will declare for the draft, one or two of the others will transfer and HB will commit to Duke. Have to wonder what ISU ever did to have the kind of luck that it does.