***Official TT postgame thread***

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Good thing about March is everything gets thrown out the window now. They looked better today and hopefully that will carry into the tournaments where anything can happen. Heck, South Carolina made a final four in 2017 as the 7 seed after losing 6 of 9 to end the year

Very very very unlikely it would happen. But could you imagine the reactions on here?

It would be like the end of Mars Attacks after they discover Slim Whitman. Just “fan” after “fan” seeing their heads explode in their helmets.

clonedlion

Feb 28, 2013
Getting to the tournament is the goal of every single Division I team in college basketball, so yes, if that is something that we do consistently, I'll be partly satisfied. Of course I want a Big 12 championship/Final Four level program, what a silly question that is. If Prohm can't get to a Final Four, he'll join 350+ other coaches who don't get to that level. But, if we can be a consistent finisher in the top half of the Big 12, be a high seed in the NCAA tournament on a consistent basis and make the occasional big run he will have done as well as any other coach in Iowa State basketball history. I did not have the demand that he instantly be the next Coach K the way some other posters apparently have. Certainly I would love for us to be like Kansas, at least with our on court success, but I'm not going to lose my mind if we don't win the Big 12 every single season.

I can tell you this much; we will not be getting any closer to a regular season conference championship anytime soon if we keep on cycling through coaches and coaching staffs every four years. I think we need to let Steve Prohm stay on through his current contract (and I'm not arguing for an extension btw), unless we have consecutive losing seasons and the program shows an obvious and drastic downward trend.
I guess we will continue to have a difference of opinion. I would like to see someone like a Chris Beard or Matt Campbell infused into this culture. Prohm has made the same consistent mistakes since he got here. He also struggled defensively at Murray St after his first year there. I don't see any improvement with him overall.
Could you say the fact I am more of a gambling man makes me more inclined to say let's go shoot for someone who would be able to put Iowa State in a place to win the conference and do damage in the big dance, rather than middling BIG12 team and getting to the dance without any real chance of making a dent?

bthebutcher

Sep 8, 2015
@bthebutcher why don't you just post your thoughts rather than going around doing nothing but disliking positive posts?

A summary of my post ratings:

Like: given 166
Dislike: given 62
Agree: given 837
Disagree: given 130
Winner: given 246

I'm far more likely to rate a post as a Like or Agree. I see a lot of posts that simply aren't viewing things objectively with respect to the last half of the season and rate them accordingly. When I see posts that do, I rate them accordingly as well.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

I'm far more likely to rate a post as a Like or Agree. I see a lot of posts that simply aren't viewing things objectively with respect to the last half of the season and rate them accordingly. When I see posts that do, I rate them accordingly as well.
Not what he asked.
Instead of being a "dislike elf", why not tell people what YOU think, and why you think they are wrong?

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

I wasn't implying that this is all you did. Just curious that you've been giving ratings rather than posting any opinions.

bthebutcher

Sep 8, 2015
Not what he asked.
Instead of being a "dislike elf", why not tell people what YOU think, and why you think they are wrong?

I'm not being a "dislike elf". As the number show, I'm more likely to agree or like a post than not. I've never been much of a poster but I do so when I feel I have something to add to the conversation that hasn't already been stated.

MTCyclone43

Feb 22, 2016
It appears that the Clones were able to play with increased intensity today, which is a good thing. ISU definetly has a chance to win today if they would have hit more free throws (65% as a team and 64% for Wiggy) or they would not have lost defensive focus at the end of the 1st half when they coughed up two wide open threes. The toughness was there today, for the most part. The game today shows that maybe there is hope for the Big 12 Tournament and beyond for this season. Lastly, I liked seeing Conditt IV on the floor over Lard today.

Last edited:

cat named georges

Apr 16, 2017
I'm happy with the game today. Players were fighting for the ball most of the game. Worked as a team most of the game. Certainly not perfect, but at least I'm looking forward to watching them play again. Can't say that after the last couple weeks. I was pissed I didn't have plans for Spring break this year because staying home to watch basketball looked bleak. You could tell Shayok and NWB weren't full strength too.

It was also nice to not see us fall down after half our shots and lay on the floor under the basket when the ball was going the other way. If they tracked that stat I'm sure we'd have to be top 5.

Fire Prohm? We are playing with a bunch of freshman, can we wait until we have a more experienced team before we give up?

I have to say I will miss seeing NWB around Ames. He was a class act and friendly when he certainly didn't need to be.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
using that psych minor again, I see

Its a history major and science minor, but what I said still stands. TT was grinding us out, we go down and throw up a shot. How many times this season have we seen ISU get outworked on the offensive boards? How many times do we take a quick silly shot? When we move the ball, and play defense we can play with anyone.

This team is not working together as a team, we have a group of induvials, talented yes, but that does not beat a team that has every player that knows his job and his place on the team.
We have no one that wants to rebound a missed shot, I would kill for a Hogue or someone like Murphy from Minnesota, players that love to rebound the basketball and will not just stand there, but goes and gets it. We are soft, plain and simple, I still love and support ISU, and stating our shortcomings does not make me less of a fan.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I guess we will continue to have a difference of opinion. I would like to see someone like a Chris Beard or Matt Campbell infused into this culture. Prohm has made the same consistent mistakes since he got here. He also struggled defensively at Murray St after his first year there. I don't see any improvement with him overall.
Could you say the fact I am more of a gambling man makes me more inclined to say let's go shoot for someone who would be able to put Iowa State in a place to win the conference and do damage in the big dance, rather than middling BIG12 team and getting to the dance without any real chance of making a dent?

Everyone has a chance to make a dent in the tourney did you not watch any past tournaments? Or If you’re just a doosh poster just say so so I can know and move on.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Its a history major and science minor, but what I said still stands. TT was grinding us out, we go down and throw up a shot. How many times this season have we seen ISU get outworked on the offensive boards? How many times do we take a quick silly shot? When we move the ball, and play defense we can play with anyone.

This team is not working together as a team, we have a group of induvials, talented yes, but that does not beat a team that has every player that knows his job and his place on the team.
We have no one that wants to rebound a missed shot, I would kill for a Hogue or someone like Murphy from Minnesota, players that love to rebound the basketball and will not just stand there, but goes and gets it. We are soft, plain and simple, I still love and support ISU, and stating our shortcomings does not make me less of a fan.

It does make you a bigger cryer and whiner though. So you’ve got that going for you.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Ya. But we are equally talented, playing at home, and desperate AF.

Moral victories are BS. BS football programs care about 6-6 and BS basketball programs go 9-9.

Equally talented?? I don't see any pure knock down shooters on our team nor first round NBAer in this draft like Culver. Thought we played pretty hard on defense. But, you're right, nobody likes 9-9 seasons especially the way they started, but Shaka Smart and Jamie Dixon came to the big12 with more acclaim than CSP and had plenty of experience back in their lineups and look where they're at......barely on the bubble.