***Official TT postgame thread***

isualums

Jan 9, 2018
not ready to fire Prohm yet. Much better effort today.

Totally horrible coaching at the end of the first half. That cost us the game. Going for 1 shot, waiting to take a horrible shot, and then giving them a wide open 3 by a great shooter. That was terrible coaching letting them score 6 straight to end the half.

Why can't Prohm see that when Shayok and Babb hold the ball and dribble for more than a second or two, our offense is stagnant and we get a bad shot. Get the ball out of their hands quicker.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Totally horrible coaching at the end of the first half. That cost us the game. Going for 1 shot, waiting to take a horrible shot, and then giving them a wide open 3 by a great shooter. That was terrible coaching letting them score 6 straight to end the half.

Why can't Prohm see that when Shayok and Babb hold the ball and dribble for more than a second or two, our offense is stagnant and we get a bad shot. Get the ball out of their hands quicker.

We couldn't go for one shot. At least 8 seconds short of being able to do that.

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines

I mean.... we’ve been shooting a defender top of the key 3 pointer to end the half for a while now. It’s what we do.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Here is this first mention i came across this morning. The forum discussion was on Tiger Talk i believe. First time I was ever on it was today following up on the remark quoted below so I'm not familiar enough with their website to re-find that one for you.

https://herosports.com/hot-seat/college-basketball-candidates-lsu-will-wade-fired-ahah

Chris Collins, Tom Crean and Steve Prohm seem like the most realistic high-major head coaches who could land in Baton Rouge.
Nevada has under achieved? They're 27-3.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I read your comments after the wVU game. Without going back and reading again, your whole basis is that we don't want to start over so might as well stick with what we have. I guess I am asking you what you want this program to be? As long as this team makes the tournament you are happy? Do you want a big 12 champ team? Final four? What if Prohm can't get to that level. Are you fine keeping him around to be average rather than looking for someone, like a Beard, who can take your program up a notch?

Getting to the tournament is the goal of every single Division I team in college basketball, so yes, if that is something that we do consistently, I'll be partly satisfied. Of course I want a Big 12 championship/Final Four level program, what a silly question that is. If Prohm can't get to a Final Four, he'll join 350+ other coaches who don't get to that level. But, if we can be a consistent finisher in the top half of the Big 12, be a high seed in the NCAA tournament on a consistent basis and make the occasional big run he will have done as well as any other coach in Iowa State basketball history. I did not have the demand that he instantly be the next Coach K the way some other posters apparently have. Certainly I would love for us to be like Kansas, at least with our on court success, but I'm not going to lose my mind if we don't win the Big 12 every single season.

I can tell you this much; we will not be getting any closer to a regular season conference championship anytime soon if we keep on cycling through coaches and coaching staffs every four years. I think we need to let Steve Prohm stay on through his current contract (and I'm not arguing for an extension btw), unless we have consecutive losing seasons and the program shows an obvious and drastic downward trend.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
I'll compare IQ's with you any day.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Cyclonepride

cdfree

Sep 5, 2011
Evanston, IL
Just got beat by a better team playing well. Tech has there flaws too, but are able to force a game that plays to their strengths. Plus Culver was easily the best player on the floor.

Yeah even when they tied it late, it still seemed like they never had a chance. TT was just better & wanted it more. At least we didn’t quit though. Let’s hope they can keep it going and not quit 2 games in a row.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I don't think they decided it. I just despise Eades. It's irrational...but hey...that's the name of the game.

You have company in your feelings about Eades. He's awful. I have never seen him call a good game. Ever.

CycloneJoe6

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2012
Iowa
Good thing about March is everything gets thrown out the window now. They looked better today and hopefully that will carry into the tournaments where anything can happen. Heck, South Carolina made a final four in 2017 as the 7 seed after losing 6 of 9 to end the year