***Official TT postgame thread***

CyclONE Nation

Mar 16, 2017
At the beginning of the season I think all of us would be happy with 20-11 and 9-9 and a 5 seed in the NCAA's. You negative goobers are acting like we title contenders year in and year out. Sure, we have stumbled as of late, but Prohm also went through a lot of adversity this season that you guys don't want to give credit for. Multiple suspensions, injuries, obviously trying to control lard all while getting true freshmen ready for big 12 play and integrating transfers. He's done a pretty good job. Any ditzworth who is calling for him to be fired needs a little perspective

bthebutcher

Sep 8, 2015
Where we finished is really all that matters.

And half the p5 makes the tournament these days. Merely making it as a p5 team at a school that is historically more of a basketball school than a football school should be the expectation, not the definition of success.

I'm not at the point of saying fire Prohm this year. He deserves another. But being satisfied with middling big 12 finishes and simply making the tournament reminds me of Campbell on the football side: "6-6 programs are ********". We should expect better than mediocrity. Setting sights lower is how you ensure you slide backward.

This is exactly what I thought after the game as well. Contrast that quote by Campbell with this from Prohm in the post game presser, "I just wanted to make sure everybody understood that if you really do the research and do the math, it’s a pretty good regular season." I'm skeptical that Campbell would say something like that after an extended losing streak.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Texas Tech clearly was the better team. Iowa State played better, but they continue to struggle. I’m really getting bugged with this teams’ “narrative hasn’t been written” yet crap I’m hearing. Something is seriously amiss that I doubt can change in the post-season tournaments. Prove us wrong instead of talking!

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
This is exactly what I thought after the game as well. Contrast that quote by Campbell with this from Prohm in the post game presser, "I just wanted to make sure everybody understood that if you really do the research and do the math, it’s a pretty good regular season." I'm skeptical that Campbell would say something like that after an extended losing streak.

But Campbell would absolutely stick up for his team. And that's what he's trying to do.

Campbell didn't come out and say his guys played like **** and almost had the worst loss in Iowa State history against Drake, did he?

• Agree
Reactions: k123

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
When has Lard been given a chance to play this year? If he's not worth it then get rid of him. But he is obviously the most athletic and talented big we've got. Conditt might get there but he's not even close right now.

I lost track this game how many rebounds we lost because Jacobsen couldn't even get his hands above his shoulders.

He's been given plenty of chances. He can't defend so he fouls or gets lost.

I'm not sure you watched very many games.

bthebutcher

Sep 8, 2015
But Campbell would absolutely stick up for his team. And that's what he's trying to do.

Campbell didn't come out and say his guys played like **** and almost had the worst loss in Iowa State history against Drake, did he?

Of course not. Nobody would expect him to say that. He didn't white wash it either though.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
This feels like McDoormat 2.0.

-Coach has a hard time relating to certain players
-Get's talent but doesn't perform
-Good guy, but not a good fit
-Play calling out of TO is terrible

Being 9-9 at Hilton the last 2-years is unbelievable.

clonedlion

Feb 28, 2013
Oh cut the ********. You don't have to be an optimist, but don't act like you're being objective while the optimists aren't. You're not "objective," you're just ******** and moaning
Not at all. The other poster made a comment that essentially it isn't good to start over so stick with Prohm. My objection is I don't think Prohm can get this program to compete for a big12 title or anything futher due to his limitations as a coach and then people get mad. This season has amplied his shortcomings. I am just calling it as I see it. What is wrong with that?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Of course not. Nobody would expect him to say that. He didn't white wash it either though.

He kind of did. He didn't say anything negative about the effort.

Again, I think Prohm trying to point out to the idiots in our fanbase that the season hasn't been a disaster is about sticking up for his players. He doesn't want them to feel like he thinks they are failures.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

Being good on the road is unbelievable too.

CyclONE Nation

Mar 16, 2017

What is "performing" to you? 20 wins and 5-6 in the tourney isn't enough?

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Said some similar earlier today and got blasted so brace yourself.

Reactions: bthebutcher

clonedlion

Feb 28, 2013
Please be more reactionary. You need to post more in good times and claim this team is very well coached. Oh, and when we lose you need to throw the players under the bus.
I am confused as to the tone of this post. When I am able, I will post in-game. I do think the players have their issues as well, but I will always look at the coach as a leader. A leader to make adjustments where necessary and motivate kids to max their talent and potential so I look at Prohm first.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017

Prohm is about to go to his 3rd tournament in 4 years. McDermott never made the tournament. Bad comparison

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneDaddy

clonefan54

Apr 15, 2006
At the beginning of the season I think all of us would be happy with 20-11 and 9-9 and a 5 seed in the NCAA's. You negative goobers are acting like we title contenders year in and year out. Sure, we have stumbled as of late, but Prohm also went through a lot of adversity this season that you guys don't want to give credit for. Multiple suspensions, injuries, obviously trying to control lard all while getting true freshmen ready for big 12 play and integrating transfers. He's done a pretty good job. Any ditzworth who is calling for him to be fired needs a little perspective

I’d love to hear from Prohm supporters what you feel he does in an above average way other than recruit and be a high character guy. It’s certainly not coaching or managing a team.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Anyone willing to give a rundown? Traveling and couldn’t watch. And why did Lard not play? TIA

mjdivine

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 28, 2006
Never even sniffed the NIT either
I hardly ever comment here, but people comparing Prohm to McDermott is annoying.

McDermott's record during his four seasons: 59-69/18-46
Record during 4th season: 15-17/4-12
Prohm's record during his four seasons: 80-42/35-37
Record during 4th season:20-11/9-9

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Positive is in the eye of the beholder. Being critical of Prohm is ojective ruth based on his performance as a coach. You aren't checking into my post history, which is fine.

To be more specific, I don't see it as a loss to look for a Matt Campbell type in basketball, rather than settle for mediocrity in Prohm because we are worried about starting over. Not negative either.

So you want a Matt Campbell type for
basketball?

I want you to outline your expectations rather than be a *****.