***Official TT postgame thread***

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Whoa!.....always transfer outs. So many players ahead of them. But 4???
You have sources or is this just speculation? Thought they played as a team today.

I agree; we were competitive today and body language looked like team play. Just saying "it wouldn't surprise me" to see four not return, but probably more like 2 (maybe 3).

cycjob

Oct 10, 2014
you might want to reconsider...the baboon called and wants his brain back.
I don't call people names and am entitled to my opinion. You don't have to agree with me and I welcome the discussion. However, if you choose to question my intelligence then we need a basis to do a comparison. I don't think IQ covers all relevant forms of intelligence, but lacking a better measure I am willing to compare IQ's. How would you suggest we resolve who is and who is not a "moron".

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I actually feel worse today, prior games were just horrible effort, which is just unacceptable. Now, after a good effort I truly realize we just don’t have the horses and don’t matchup well with anyone. It’s a flawed team, with cavernous holes, that did well to get where they did.

clonedlion

Feb 28, 2013
Bye Tyrese! Thanks for playing!

Bye THT! Thanks for being a Cyclone for all of one season (and this might happen anyway)

Bye incoming recruiting class! Best of luck to wherever you go after you get out of your LOI.

Look...I grew up going to games in Hilton Coliseum. I understand the disappointment. I get the frustration. I'm not sure I've ever seen another kind of tailspin like the one we are currently in.

But...YOU DO NOT IMPROVE A PROGRAM BY FIRING A COACH. Plain and simple. If this were to happen, whoever comes in would be our 7th head coach in 25 seasons. I wrote in the West Virginia post game thread that so far, not including CSP, that since Johnny Orr retired, our head coaches average length of time at Iowa State is 4.2 seasons. Do you honestly think that a Power 5 program can have that kind of turnover at the head of a program and still compete for championships against programs like Kansas, etc.?

Can you guys please think about stuff like this before you demand the head of someone who has averaged 20 wins/season? Please?
I just saw this after replying to an earlier post. Apologies for the redundant sentiment.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Today we were:
42% from trey
44% FG
65% FT.
just a little more offensive efficiency and we can win games vs good / great teams.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
I want Coach Prohm. A 37-39 conference record through 4 years in the best ever era of cyclone b-ball? makes me ask questions though.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
If you check out my posts I haven't called for his head and I typically don't do that at all.

Fair enough, but that seems to be what you're doing now, albeit in a bit of a passive/aggressive way.

OldEagle

Dec 15, 2017
Link to message boards?

Here is this first mention i came across this morning. The forum discussion was on Tiger Talk i believe. First time I was ever on it was today following up on the remark quoted below so I'm not familiar enough with their website to re-find that one for you.

https://herosports.com/hot-seat/college-basketball-candidates-lsu-will-wade-fired-ahah

Chris Collins, Tom Crean and Steve Prohm seem like the most realistic high-major head coaches who could land in Baton Rouge.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
So is that thing about lard at the bars last night for real/confirmed?

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I actually feel worse today, prior games were just horrible effort, which is just unacceptable. Now, after a good effort I truly realize we just don’t have the horses and don’t matchup well with anyone. It’s a flawed team, with cavernous holes, that did well to get where they did.

Understand where you're coming from, but I think a good follow-up performance against Baylor would help us feel better. Hope I'm not putting too much emphasis on one game, but I think we need to step up and somehow beat Drew once this year. REBOUNDING ....oh boy....hopefully our guards will help out with that as well.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Fair enough, but that seems to be what you're doing now, albeit in a bit of a passive/aggressive way.

Honestly not calling for his head. He's forgotten more about basketball than I'd ever want to know.

I rarely call for someone to get sacked. He has a family. Coaching is nomadic but it still must be rough to move unless he's decided it's time