***Official TT postgame thread***

cycjob

Oct 10, 2014
What has Lard done this year that makes you think he'd make a difference?
When has Lard been given a chance to play this year? If he's not worth it then get rid of him. But he is obviously the most athletic and talented big we've got. Conditt might get there but he's not even close right now.

I lost track this game how many rebounds we lost because Jacobsen couldn't even get his hands above his shoulders.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Well glad someone is happy. Prohm doesn't seem too happy. The players don't seem happy. The fans are turning.

I'm not calling for anyone's job, but at what point can we all say Prohm and the majority of the fans would be better off if there was a parting of the ways?

Prohm could thrive at the mid-major level and be happier in his career. This is going south pretty quickly.

And that my friends Sez It All.....

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
There are enough distractions going on with this group right now. Cam has let repeated incidents of immaturity lead to continued actions that have led to suspensions and interruptions of his ability to participate.

He no longer gets the benefit of the doubt.

I’d vote him off the island...

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Frustrating second half, but I’m feeling a little better than Wednesday. Tech went out and took that game. Looked like a team playing for a championship.

Hope our guys continue that intensity into next week and into the dance.
Ya. But we are equally talented, playing at home, and desperate AF.

Moral victories are BS. BS football programs care about 6-6 and BS basketball programs go 9-9.

clones8232

Jun 5, 2015
ISU grad living down here in SEC country (Alabama). Some talk down here of Prohm being the favorite to replace LSU's head coach who is currently suspended for possible recruiting violations (on tape recording discussing payments). He did coach as an assistant in Louisiana for 10 years at Centenary, Southeastern and Tulane. LSU's message boards seem to favor him as well.
Any talk up there?

Link to message boards?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Aside from letting his first two teams essentially coach themselves what evidence is there that Prohm can actually build and lead a winning basketball team in the Big 12? 9-9 does not count as a winning team. Especially when the end of the season is a train wreck.

He coached that second team.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Ya. But we are equally talented, playing at home, and desperate AF.

Moral victories are BS. BS football programs care about 6-6 and BS basketball programs go 9-9.

We aren’t desperate. We’re locked in for the big 12 seeding and does it really matter if we are a 5,6,or 7 in the NCAA? It’s a total crapshoot how the bracket will break for those seeds.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
That could be a win-win. Prohm hasn't proven he can excel in the Big 12.

Cut him a check, let Prohm find another Murray State situation, ISU gets a fresh coach, and everyone is happy

Bye Tyrese! Thanks for playing!

Bye THT! Thanks for being a Cyclone for all of one season (and this might happen anyway)

Bye incoming recruiting class! Best of luck to wherever you go after you get out of your LOI.

Look...I grew up going to games in Hilton Coliseum. I understand the disappointment. I get the frustration. I'm not sure I've ever seen another kind of tailspin like the one we are currently in.

But...YOU DO NOT IMPROVE A PROGRAM BY FIRING A COACH. Plain and simple. If this were to happen, whoever comes in would be our 7th head coach in 25 seasons. I wrote in the West Virginia post game thread that so far, not including CSP, that since Johnny Orr retired, our head coaches average length of time at Iowa State is 4.2 seasons. Do you honestly think that a Power 5 program can have that kind of turnover at the head of a program and still compete for championships against programs like Kansas, etc.?

Can you guys please think about stuff like this before you demand the head of someone who has averaged 20 wins/season? Please?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron