NFL: ***Official Offseason Thread***

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
@RapSheet: The #Broncos are sending a mid-round pick to the #Ravens for QB Joe Flacco, source said. Baltimore gets back solid return for a QB they replaced mid season.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
@RapSheet: The #Broncos are sending a mid-round pick to the #Ravens for QB Joe Flacco, source said. Baltimore gets back solid return for a QB they replaced mid season.
No kidding. That's like taking a dump in a public restroom and finding $10 on the floor of the stall.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Weird move for Denver since they could have made a free agency run at him once Baltimore cut him. Now they inherit his 18.5 million dollar cap hit for this season plus Case Keenum is still on the books for 21 mil.

Keenum has to be history in Denver now, right? No way Denver allocates that much cap space to two quarterbacks.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Weird move for Denver since they could have made a free agency run at him once Baltimore cut him. Now they inherit his 18.5 million dollar cap hit for this season plus Case Keenum is still on the books for 21 mil.

Keenum has to be history in Denver now, right? No way Denver allocates that much cap space to two quarterbacks.

Plus they have 9 draft picks this year, including #10 in first round. Could have drafted a cheap QB instead of trading for an expensive retread in Flacco. Bad move, John.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Chiefs fan here.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

John Elway is a Peyton Manning signing away from being a terrible GM. And for being a legendary QB himself he is really bad at QB talent evaluation.

Imagine trying to compete against Patrick Mahomes with old and injury prone sloth Joe Flacco.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Chiefs fan here.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

John Elway is a Peyton Manning signing away from being a terrible GM. And for being a legendary QB himself he is really bad at QB talent evaluation.

Imagine trying to compete against Patrick Mahomes with old and injury prone sloth Joe Flacco.

Don't have to imagine it...it's reality once the trade is finalized. The AFC West is a two team race for at least the next 2-3 years; probably longer.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
The Raiders still haven't figured out where they will be playing this season and time is running out. The NFL has to put together a schedule.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Dumb trade but might not be the end of the world.

Keenum will be cut which saves 11 million. Flacco has little guaranteed money. I’m betting Elway talked to him and his agent about restructuring. Denver has their pick at 10 to draft a QB.

Their thinking was to get a QB in so teams don’t know what they were doing in the draft. Keemun was the only rostered QB.

If they don’t restructure or take a QB at 10 then it was a horrible trade. If Flacco restructures, keenum is cut and Denver goes QB, then it’s a not a big deal

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
The Raiders still haven't figured out where they will be playing this season and time is running out. The NFL has to put together a schedule.

Last I read it sounded like they were going to work something out with the city of Oakland. I think the city is currently offering a one year lease for 7.5 million. Probably best for all involved parties.

Personally, I would have loved the idea of a barnstorming season for the Raiders - just sixteen straight road games either at the opponent or neutral site. They're gonna suck anyway so they might as well at least be interesting.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Last I read it sounded like they were going to work something out with the city of Oakland. I think the city is currently offering a one year lease for 7.5 million. Probably best for all involved parties.

Personally, I would have loved the idea of a barnstorming season for the Raiders - just sixteen straight road games either at the opponent or neutral site. They're gonna suck anyway so they might as well at least be interesting.

I don't follow them (cuz Raiders can suck it), but why don't they just play in UNLV stadium in Vegas for a couple years? Can't be any worse than the Chargers playing in a soccer stadium.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

If I was the city of Oakland I would really stick it to em.

I don't follow them (cuz Raiders can suck it), but why don't they just play in UNLV stadium in Vegas for a couple years? Can't be any worse than the Chargers playing in a soccer stadium.
I still don't understand how he had two years to get this figured out and now it's down to the 11th hour. I know the 49ers blocked them from playing in the Giants' stadium.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
It'll be interesting to see where the two ex-Steelers end up, particularly AB. Everyone in the world knows he wants to be the highest paid receiver in the league - by far - and that might weed out several suitors, like the Colts. Buffalo? Miami? The Jets always seem to be in these types of conversations. But whoever signs him has to be aware that it might not be the best thing for the locker room, either.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
If I was the city of Oakland I would really stick it to em.

I still don't understand how he had two years to get this figured out and now it's down to the 11th hour. I know the 49ers blocked them from playing in the Giants' stadium.

I think they did have it figured out; they were going to play in Oakland through next season. Then the city hit them with a lawsuit for damages from them leaving and the organization told the city to take their lease offer and shove it. And now that everyone is calming down they're all realizing that a) the Raiders have nowhere else to go, and b) the city's lawsuit is unlikely to go anywhere so they're best off just collecting the 7.5 million to let the Raiders play in the Coliseum through next season instead of walking away empty handed.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
It'll be interesting to see where the two ex-Steelers end up, particularly AB. Everyone in the world knows he wants to be the highest paid receiver in the league - by far - and that might weed out several suitors, like the Colts. Buffalo? Miami? The Jets always seem to be in these types of conversations. But whoever signs him has to be aware that it might not be the best thing for the locker room, either.

I don't think the Colts are players for Bell or Brown, but never say never. I think it's more likely that Bell ends up in Houston and Brown lands with the Niners or the Rams if they can swing it. I'm sure the Steelers would prefer to ship AB out of the AFC if they can.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I'm a Packer fan (holds up hands to deflect things being thrown at him), and I'm feeling pretty good about this offseason. I think Gutekunst had a solid first draft, and now with two first rounders he's in position to trade up if there's somebody he really wants. But there are plenty of needs - linebacker (goodbye Matthews), offensive line (ditto Bulaga), safety, and tight end (yeah, Graham was a huge mistake). But with $50+ million of cap space, he can go play with some of the big boys, too. I'd love to have Clowney, if he doesn't get tagged.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I'm a Packer fan (holds up hands to deflect things being thrown at him), and I'm feeling pretty good about this offseason. I think Gutekunst had a solid first draft, and now with two first rounders he's in position to trade up if there's somebody he really wants. But there are plenty of needs - linebacker (goodbye Matthews), offensive line (ditto Bulaga), safety, and tight end (yeah, Graham was a huge mistake). But with $50+ million of cap space, he can go play with some of the big boys, too. I'd love to have Clowney, if he doesn't get tagged.

Big offseason for Gutekunst for sure; all he has to do is set the foundation for the tail end of Rodgers' prime. I thought his first draft was pretty good. Hard to imagine the Texans letting Clowney reach free agency but you never know.

What are you thinking about the new head coach? Approve, disapprove, not sure? I wasn't wowed by Tennessee's offense but I'm also not sold on Mariota as a franchise QB and he was dinged up all year anyway, so it's tough to judge him accurately based on last season's body of work.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016

Pretty sure the nfl blocked the UNLV because the stadium wasn’t up to the NFL standards - I read that somewhere but can’t remember where.