Official KU postgame thread

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Not to ruin the narrative, but he only took 8 shots in 25 minutes. 8. He spent most of his time trying to create for others. Defense wasn't great. Hustle was fine. I hope that Coach Prohm starts him just to shake up the routine and give him some confidence.

8 shots is a lot when you only make 1. Defense is important when you aren’t make shots.

I like Lindell. I think he’s a good player. I’m not nearly as irritated with Lindell as I am with the fans that are STILL saying he should be playing more and starting.

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby and Cyclad

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
Not to ruin the narrative, but he only took 8 shots in 25 minutes. 8. He spent most of his time trying to create for others. Defense wasn't great. Hustle was fine. I hope that Coach Prohm starts him just to shake up the routine and give him some confidence.

despite how my comments may read, I actually agree with you. I think part of his issue is that he's not starting. I maybe didn't see him doing what you were talking about...felt his shots were VERY forced at times...

more than him, our defense for stretch of time was awful. Lard's feet appeared to be stuck in concrete all night...IDK...can't be perfect but I hate to lose when I think we are better.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
8 shots is a lot when you only make 1. Defense is important when you aren’t make shots.

I like Lindell. I think he’s a good player. I’m not nearly as irritated with Lindell as I am with the fans that are STILL saying he should be playing more and starting.
Prohm needs to start him to see if it's a head thing...we'll find out quickly.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
despite how my comments may read, I actually agree with you. I think part of his issue is that he's not starting. I maybe didn't see him doing what you were talking about...felt his shots were VERY forced at times...

more than him, our defense for stretch of time was awful. Lard's feet appeared to be stuck in concrete all night...IDK...can't be perfect but I hate to lose when I think we are better.

Why should he start when he plays 2 bad games for every one good game.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Well, irritate away, because I'm saying just that. Sometimes, you hold the minutes down on a kid because he's not showing you what you want. And sometimes, when a kid has proven himself (and Lindell has), you give him a shot that maybe he doesn't deserve based on recent results, just to help give him confidence.

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
Why should he start when he plays 2 bad games for every one good game.

I think confidence is a huge thing...he's young and coming off a year where people told him he could play in the NBA...now he's been benched in his mind and I'll bet you that's the first time EVER for him.

If I"m prohm, I give him a shot to start and see what that does...no harm...but I think he's trying to squeeze in more in less time because he's not starting.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
The good news is we can probably count on Lindell coming back next season. So that is good. He can attempt to go pro this year but nobody is going to draft him. Hopefully he can get his stuff together before the tourney starts.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I think confidence is a huge thing...he's young and coming off a year where people told him he could play in the NBA...now he's been benched in his mind and I'll bet you that's the first time EVER for him.

If I"m prohm, I give him a shot to start and see what that does...no harm...but I think he's trying to squeeze in more in less time because he's not starting.

I wish fans were this generous to every player going through a slump. Start all the players who are bad!

I’ve seen quite a bit of complaining about Jacobson’s game last night on here. Maybe his defense wasn’t great, but he had a double double. Wish he would get the same benefit of the doubt.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
I think this team is dearly missing an inside presence. Having Solo would have probably stopped at least a couple of layups. With that being said you have to make free throws and some kind of adjustment on defense. Wigginton should not have seen the minutes he did
I agree. Having Solo's body tonight would have been big. I think he would have matched up better with Lawson than Mike did.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: flycy and Cyclad

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
I wish fans were this generous to every player going through a slump. Start all the players who are bad!

I’ve seen quite a bit of complaining about Jacobson’s game last night on here. Maybe his defense wasn’t great, but he had a double double. Wish he would get the same benefit of the doubt.
um....I think you're being a little dramatic. Despite what others may say, I think Jacobson did a solid job guarding a guy who is probably going to play at the next level. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

It's clear you don't like Lindell and think he shouldn't play as much. We may actually agree on that...I'm simply stating that giving him a chance to start and seeing what that does is a smart move.

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
Lol, my hot take is we needed to make them score less (seriously). We're really not a team that is going to win scoring 80 any more. I thought before the game that we'd have a great chance to win if we kept them under 70.
That "sky hook" is almost impossible to defend. But I lost track of how many layups KU scored.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It's mid-January. Still a lot of time left for this team to peak and make a run in the tourney.

There was nothing wrong with last night. Losing on the road to a top 10 team isn’t exactly a disaster.

• Agree
Reactions: Gossamer

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Walters said on the breadcast that Conditt was sick, and could probably not play.
Even more reason to put him out there. Have him heave on Lawson, so he has to go change into a different jersey, and possibly be ill for a couple of future games. I'm not wishing injury on anybody, but spreading germs can't be too bad right?

• Funny
Reactions: SCyclone

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Terrance Lewis
Zoran Talley
Eric Steyer

People who would’ve had more of an impact against Kansas than Lindell for $500, Trebek

I agree Lindell did not have it last night and didnt even throw a pass to Tyrese, when he was at his favorite spot to shoot and make a 3 pointer...Just an off night I guess. Winning inside Allen Fieldhouse requires a little bit of luck too and of course defending the drives to the basket might help...Like a lot....I mean Mega......

Im hoping we play KU again in the conf tourney......

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
KU announcers saying it was one of the loudest crowds they ever heard. It was a big time desperation game for the Jayhawks, fans knew it, KU players knew it, and coaches knew it.

Great post my friend...Yes the look on the jhawk fans faces looked like a whole lot of them were gonna pee their pants when we tied'em at 69-69......This KU team isnt all that great and we will beat em KC in the tourney....

....and remember GO Cyclones

Reactions: SCyclone

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Word to the wise. Starting LW won’t make a lick of difference.

I tend to agree with you....Its going to be very interesting how CSP handles Lindell going forward, whether Coach Prohm makes Lindell play his way into the starting five or just decides to start him and see if that improves his play.

One thing is for sure after last nites performance Lindell is a long ways from NBA ready......GO Cyclones

• Winner
Reactions: bozclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron