Official KU postgame thread

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
My main question...What is Prohm’s aversion to playing more than 7-8 guys? When you have two guys as volatile as Wiggy and Lard, wouldn’t you want to at least have a couple of guys that could give you 5-10 mins on nights like tonight when those two give you absolutely nothing. You can’t tell me it would honestly hurt you to give Talley, Lewis, or Conditt a few of their minutes?

Obviously when those two are playing well, they should get those minutes. But when one fouls out in 6 minutes and the other can’t hit a shot but insists on forcing the issue and making bad decisions all night, I wonder why he doesn’t budge on this line of thinking.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
The officiating didn’t suck. So there’s that I guess.

However in a way it does suck because you see a well officiated game and you wonder why they get a game wrong 3X more often than they get a game right. It’s not as hard as ref apologists make it out to be.

• Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
My main question...What is Prohm’s aversion to playing more than 7-8 guys? When you have two guys as volatile as Wiggy and Lard, wouldn’t you want to at least have a couple of guys that could give you 5-10 mins on nights like tonight when those two give you absolutely nothing. You can’t tell me it would honestly hurt you to give Talley, Lewis, or Conditt a few of their minutes?

Obviously when those two are playing well, they should get those minutes. But when one fouls out in 6 minutes and the other can’t hit a shot but insists on forcing the issue and making bad decisions all night, I wonder why he doesn’t budge on this line of thinking.
Lewis and Conditt would have been lost out there. Lewis hasn't played defense all year, and Conditt would have been going against the best player in the conference. Talley, I would have tried because of his defense and matchup options.

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
I was very impressed with Haliburton’s poise tonight. Clutch free throws, good 3 point shooting, and good ball distribution as usual. Nothing jumps off the stat page from him, but he was the only one that didn’t seem shook at times, along with NWB. I feel confident with the ball in either of their hands, much like Monte in previous years.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Maybe some of our guys got too excited when they heard how many NBA scouts were in attendance and decided to create an NBA highlight hit tape.

Goofyguy1

Feb 18, 2017
They have greatly improved since the first game we played them. They will win the conference, again. Darn

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
We had no answer for Lawson. And you can’t give up a 14-0 run at AFH. Glad we battled back, but we were playing catch-up the last 10 minutes

Many times, a surge like that has turned into a major blowout at KU, so I'm glad ISU was able to nibble away and get back into contention, even though it was too much to overcome. We could have folded, but didn't. I guess that's a silver lining.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I was very impressed with Haliburton’s poise tonight. Clutch free throws, good 3 point shooting, and good ball distribution as usual. Nothing jumps off the stat page from him, but he was the only one that didn’t seem shook at times, along with NWB. I feel confident with the ball in either of their hands, much like Monte in previous years.

If he can go 40 he really should.

Still wish he'd be more aggressive in the paint. His teardrop is great.

Help Support Us

Become a patron