***Official 2022 Transfer Thread***

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
This isn't 2010, they made exactly 1 NCAA tourney in five years as a 10 seed. We've had much better post-season success the last decade than they have.
Georgetown has been a dumpster fire for the last 7 years. Something else going on here of we are losing guys like Bates and Basile to these schools.

What is going on is TJ was painted as the be/all end/all in recruiting by his groupies.

Which was a disservice to him.

He will get his share to fit his mold and hopefully be successful doing it, just like last season. But truth be known not everyone is beating down the door to play at ISU.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
This isn't 2010, they made exactly 1 NCAA tourney in five years as a 10 seed. We've had much better post-season success the last decade than they have.
Georgetown has been a dumpster fire for the last 7 years. Something else going on here of we are losing guys like Bates and Basile to these schools.
Something else is always going on. That will never change.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Not that ISU was linked to Lofton but there was some buzz Osun was a package deal with him. Doesn’t appear to be the case.

with Lofton's list including Tennessee and Purdue, I think they really want a point guard yet, which leads me to believe that Tyrese has cut them from his final 6. Can't believe I'm rooting for Gonzaga to get him, but out of sight, out of mind is far better than hearing all about him at KU or Texas much less playing against him 2 to 3 times.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
What is going on is TJ was painted as the be/all end/all in recruiting by his groupies.

He will get his share to fit his mold and hopefully be successful doing it, just like last season. But truth be known not everyone is beating down the door to play at ISU.
I think this year is kind of weird, if AJ Green's status has an odd timeline, it's just complicated, if he had committed 3 or 4 weeks ago, things could be different. We'd have one of the top guys in the portal.

Hunter's timing was also a bit awkward, he wasn't late announcing by any means but he was after the first big wave of guys, so we recruited that first wave selling TH as a big part of the team. I think that could have thrown a bit of wrinkle in things with those guys.

I really like the guys we have, especially if AJG ends up being in the mix. We've only "missed" on the 5 spot. Things seem right in line with what TJ has said he wanted to do. He wanted to zero in on guys he had connections to and then work his way out to other guys. I think Bates was really the first "work your way out" kind of guy.

I don't think its bad I guess, Green makes it arguably a better class than last year.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Not that ISU was linked to Lofton but there was some buzz Osun was a package deal with him. Doesn’t appear to be the case.

interesting, not even 1 identical team on both their lists.
Of course, there could be that mystery team they both already had connections to. lol

Reactions: heitclone

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006

Great start in the first season. Getting a Sweet Sixteen. That equals the best we have done since Fizer. And we did it with a roster that had no business getting that far. Kudos to the players for combining their efforts to get such results. And to the Cyclones Coaching Staff for directing their efforts. It will be interesting to see what happens this coming year. Cautiously optimistic. What is wrong with being cautiously optimistic? Much better feeling than knowing the coming season will be a dismal failure.

Reactions: Cjreimer

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
I agree with this, but it is easy to see Patrick Ewing and Thad Matta. Both of guys are way more recognizable than TJ is. Plus, like others have said I wouldn’t be surprised if those schools are offering some NIL cash that we aren’t able to at this point.

cyc26

Nov 24, 2020
with Lofton's list including Tennessee and Purdue, I think they really want a point guard yet, which leads me to believe that Tyrese has cut them from his final 6. Can't believe I'm rooting for Gonzaga to get him, but out of sight, out of mind is far better than hearing all about him at KU or Texas much less playing against him 2 to 3 times.
I think Tennessee is still for sure in the mix for TH. He visited there a few days ago and I am unsure he's gone anywhere else. Would be hard to rule them out just yet.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I love how we were Sweet 16 last year and getting passed over for teams nowhere near the tournament and bottom of the barrel in their conference like Butler.
I'm sure glad Brockington, Hunter, Jazz, and Gabe took a chance and didn't pass on a new coach of a bottom of the barrel team, that hadn't sniffed the tournament.....

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloned and baagoe

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
I love how we were Sweet 16 last year and getting passed over for teams nowhere near the tournament and bottom of the barrel in their conference like Butler.
Is this not a good thing? Here is a kid that say's "Obviously Iowa State is the better basketball team, but I like Butler so I am going to go to Butler." If anything this restores faith that kids actually go to the school they feel is a better fit for them.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
I agree with this, but it is easy to see Patrick Ewing and Thad Matta. Both of guys are way more recognizable than TJ is. Plus, like others have said I wouldn’t be surprised if those schools are offering some NIL cash that we aren’t able to at this point.
I really don't think NIL is the factor here. Some teams got cut from Bates who could buy him for sure if they wanted to

• Haha
Reactions: kcbob79clone

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I really don't think NIL is the factor here. Some teams got cut from Bates who could buy him for sure if they wanted to
Oh I definitely think NIL could be a factor. But I guess he could have been told different things how the offense & rosters would fit him the best, too. Still, schools like Butler, Creighton and Georgetown w/o football are going to see significant upticks, imo.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron